Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
PlowWowD;2069580 said:
it is the 7-6 MVP3
You might need those ext wing to touch pavement.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Never even heard of Unicell.. Thru-way is very popular in my area.. (Cody) is the well known over there to go through.. i've priced my same setups through a few places and all pretty much within the same cost range.. - between $5800 - $6300 installed...

My plaza name prior to me purchasing was under previous owner / landlord name.. (Roger Farley) located at 2775,2777 & 2779 Dewey Avenue.. 1 block south of dewey/stone.kodak park area... i renamed the plaza under an LLC... (Dewey Center LLC) built in "78" off the top of head.. wasn't even on our radar to buy the plaza.. main interest was purchasing the wife's shop, been there 31 yrs & very respected grooming shop -"The Shaggy Dog".. my 2nd unit (2777 Dewey) had Farley carpets in there for yrs which folded few months prior of purchase" (omg the updating, & **** i had to throw out was mind boggling) should have never included in writing to be involved on my mortage.. i banked on the bank taking all that **** towards ex-owner of farley carpets bankruptcy... don't even get me started dealing with the town being upfront on everything to get up to code.. there horrid to deal with... 3rd unit was empty and leased out after purchasing... heres some older pics of my plaza.. i re-paved the parking lot - 1st thing i did..

I know right where that is, I live on maiden lane by Dewey. And as for thru-way and Cody. I have dealt with him plenty of times l, and have always been rubbed the wrong way with him and the company. Plus they're not an authorized western dealer. Unicell is on Brighton-Henrietta tow line road. They're awesome over there and the prices are the best I've seen. And they're authorized western.

PlowWowD;2069836 said:
Never even heard of Unicell.. Thru-way is very popular in my area.. (Cody) is the well known over there to go through.. i've priced my same setups through a few places and all pretty much within the same cost range.. - between $5800 - $6300 installed...

My plaza name prior to me purchasing was under previous owner / landlord name.. (Roger Farley) located at 2775,2777 & 2779 Dewey Avenue.. 1 block south of dewey/stone.kodak park area... i renamed the plaza under an LLC... (Dewey Center LLC) built in "78" off the top of head.. wasn't even on our radar to buy the plaza.. main interest was purchasing the wife's shop, been there 31 yrs & very respected grooming shop -"The Shaggy Dog".. my 2nd unit (2777 Dewey) had Farley carpets in there for yrs which folded few months prior of purchase" (omg the updating, & **** i had to throw out was mind boggling) should have never included in writing to be involved on my mortage.. i banked on the bank taking all that **** towards ex-owner of farley carpets bankruptcy... don't even get me started dealing with the town being upfront on everything to get up to code.. there horrid to deal with... 3rd unit was empty and leased out after purchasing... heres some older pics of my plaza.. i re-paved the parking lot - 1st thing i did..
Send a few more shots, Meaning road side and each end, fence that got damage and the AC unit. Looks like a good place to learn. Maybe we can give you some info. Like where to and not to push snow. Is there any behind your building that has to be plowed?

Whats your plan on insurance for this plowing? You want to insure that new plow at least one season. Did you ever have to have the lot stacked with loader or removal in the past. Are you committed to a 40hr job?

Don't let too many people get you down. there are others on here that started the same way as you, maintaining their own investment and have expanded into lucrative snow contractors. Good luck, looks like an easy enough lot.

Are you afraid it'll scratch the pavement...?lol

It's a good plow. How does the truck look when it's lifted

It also appears to be a 8 foot 6 plow

Not an MVP3, but is a nice plow. Those plow lights are super high up there. Is that a 7'6" or an 8'6"? If that's an 8 kiss your front suspension goodbye the way it is set up.
Put a different set of rims and tires on for winter. Those wide tires will not help you plow and those chrome wheels won't thank you for the salt either.

Put the plow in scoop and put it on the ground and take a picture of the plow pushing frame from the side.

OK, got good look at it. It appears they built you a custom push beam to account for height of truck, I'm I right?

Also, if that's down all the way, you have problems still. The plow is sitting to low of all things. It needs to be tipped forward/raised in back.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
ok that is the 8'6 along with modified H - Frame whatever the hell that is.. lol.. assuming to condensate the truck size ect... those pics i posted plow was not fully loward, good buddy of mine who has many yrs exp (complex super) runs a due-lie with V-Plow and loved my setup.. he stated things many of you here suggested.. methods, diff - tires ect... i do have a question though.. should i get shoes on this thing? just don't want to dig into new pavement - plaza lot & my new driveway which has..

That's not a Western MVP3, and if you check the site, you can put a 7.6 MVP 3 poly on that truck with no problems.

Once you get the hang of the V plow your going to love it.
I will never go back to a straight blade again.

Your going to need to put down product either pure salt, sand/salt mix, or magic salt.
If you don't then be prepared if you have a slip and fall to explain why the property was not treated.
So think about getting a tail bed sander.

On the insurance end, check with your agent and see if your current insurance would cover you with a rider -(less expensive) otherwise get at least a 2 million gl policy to cover your assets.

One last thing, just take your time and plan ahead where you are going to put the snow.

Watch out when backing up, people for some reason like to pull in behind trucks backing up.

I started out just like you, plowing my own properties and turned it into a business.

Merry Christmas

Discussion starter · #39 ·
what salt hopper do you guys recommend for my settup?? or should i just throw in a 5 and do myself after plow? also, whats the best product salt / or / sand mix thats best non-harm to my pavement ? thanks again all for your opinions & suggestions.

PlowWowD;2070694 said:
what salt hopper do you guys recommend for my settup?? or should i just throw in a 5 and do myself after plow? also, whats the best product salt / or / sand mix thats best non-harm to my pavement ? thanks again all for your opinions & suggestions.
I would just fling rock salt by hand from a 5 gallon bucket. Much less hassle. Keep the back of your truck from getting all rusty too.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.