Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 317 Posts

· Registered
3,952 Posts
Well,some of you guys/gals are lucky. Here in MT., our snow pack, moisture content and total snow fall is way low, especially below 7k ft. And we need the pack for our moisture,in the summer. I do not move snow for pay anymore, but I feel sorry for the people here that do. Up here in the mountains, this is the least snow I have seen, since I moved up here in 88. But we have been cold, perhaps even colder than normal. I have plowed my driveway and the road, gravel, 2 times. Normally, would have been 8-12 times, as we tend to be lazy, and not plow every 5" or under snow.

· Registered
3,952 Posts
Normally this time of year we would be higher.Have to remember, being higher altitude,longer days,we lose lots due to evaporation . The higher altitudes get heavy wet snow(usually) from end of feb. to end of april, that is what we are hoping for.

· Registered
3,952 Posts
35* full solar and back up to 70* this afternoon.
Ya,but you are pretty far south.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM MDT THIS EVENING TO 8 AM MST SUNDAY... * WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations between 2 and 4 inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph. * WHERE...Southern Gallatin and Madison Counties above 6,500 ft elevation. * WHEN...From 6 PM MDT this evening to 8 AM MST Sunday. * IMPACTS...Roads, and especially bridges and overpasses, will likely become slick and hazardous. Plan on slippery road conditions. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1 or visiting the MDT Road Report website.

· Registered
3,952 Posts
Apparently it's been raining a bit in NW Warshington. My daughter woke up to water up to the rockers on her car...basically where her apartment is is currently an island.

Sent some other pics of Sumas, about 10-15 minutes from her, the water is up to the roofs of cars.
Yes,they have big rains,OR up into BC, and may go as far east as Calgary,later on. Flood watches, 2 landslides in BC,people trapped between them.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts