Snow Plowing Forum banner

No power to ultra control

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  plowzilla 
#1 ·
I have a 3 plug ultra,hooked up last night and no power to blade or controller,check 4 fuses under hood, all OK,wire from control harness to fuse box has power,solenoid has power on battery cable,no power on small pos wire,is there a fuse some where I missed? any help appreciated, Thanks

#3 ·
glenn L78;1605409 said:
I have a 3 plug ultra,hooked up last night and no power to blade or controller,check 4 fuses under hood, all OK,wire from control harness to fuse box has power,solenoid has power on battery cable,no power on small pos wire,is there a fuse some where I missed? any help appreciated, Thanks
Same thing happened to my other truck with an ultra mount. There was a 6 amp inline fuse to the controller that was blown. It's an odd sized fuse that 2 auto stores did not carry. I had to get them from a western dealer. They come in a 5 pack for about $12.

#5 ·
glenn L78;1607101 said:
can only find 4 fuses under hood and none in line to controler,only orange wire to fuse box, am I missing something?
Mine is a 3 port, 2 plug wiring system. It has a red wire coming out of the harness with an inline fuse to the joystick controller. You mentioned an orange wire to the fuse panel so maybe we have different styles.

#6 ·
glenn L78;1607101 said:
can only find 4 fuses under hood and none in line to controler,only orange wire to fuse box, am I missing something?
Here is the Western Mechanics guide;
http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/27097_061503_web.pdf

On page 17 is the 9-pin harness and page 18 is the 12 pin harness. Find the solenoid controller on either page. It is located to the right, about the middle of the page. You will see an inline fuse on a red wire. That fuse is a 6 amp (sfe) and that's the one that made mine stop working.

#8 ·
glenn L78;1607526 said:
fuse is fine, still no power to controller,hve power to red wire, no power at control plug, all fuses good,scratching my head
The board might be fried inside the controller. Do you have a back-up to test if a new controller would work? If not, do you know someone who has the same controller? Don't wait, snow is coming soon in our area!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.