Nighthawk 38800 halogen wiring. 11 pin to 9 pin

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by strausser78, Nov 10, 2019.

1. strausser78

strausser78 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Hey all, I just bought a set of nighthawk 38800 lights that has the 38807 wiring harness (11-pin). I'm putting them on an older unimount plow with a 9-pin connector. I was curious if anyone has successfully rewired this setup. I cant seem to find a wiring diagram for the 38807 harness. I do have one for the 9-pin. Obviously the wire colors are different and I'd like to do a 1 shot, 1 kill with this rewire.

I see one other thread on this from a year or so ago, but it was incomplete and didnt have any detailed information.

Thanks!

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

I have done it a bunch of times. Just match up your old harness with the headlight labels on the wires behind the rear covers.

Black to low beams
    White to high beams
    Grey to left turn
    Purple to right turn
    Brown to markers
    Black w/ Orange Tracer is ground

3. OP
    OP
    strausser78

from Iowa

Thanks for the reply. The problem I have is that the new lights didnt come with any labels or diagram as to what the colors mean on the new harness. Since I'm going to be keeping a length of the new wires that are attached to the lights, I need to know what those colors mean.

4. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

COLORS.jpg

Philbilly2 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    strausser78

from Iowa

6. OP
    OP
    strausser78

from Iowa

So I'm assuming the blue/orange commons and black/orange ground on the 11 pin harness all hook up to the black/orange ground on the 9 pin harness?

7. OP
    OP
    strausser78

from Iowa

I got it all wired up and all the lights work. Thanks for the help, you guys rock!

Philbilly2 likes this.