Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Robert1966, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Robert1966

Robert1966 Junior Member

Received a plow truck from my brother who moved to the east coast and didn’t want to take it with him! 2000 Siverado1500 with a Blizzard 8000lt w/detachable wings! I have a question someone in the community will have the answer! When the plow lights are on dim they have a yellowish hew and when they are on bright they have more of a normal white hew. Driving with the dim lights is almost like having no lights on at all. Please help!!!!

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

Are they regular.sealed beams? May just need to clean the connections. Is the reflective chrome still on the lamp housings?

3. OP
    OP
    Robert1966

Robert1966 Junior Member

Sealed beams. The reflective chrome is still in like new condition. Brights are perfect but when switched back to low beam lights are horrible! Not sure what the issue is

4. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe your plow lights are adjusted too low. Do the high beams shine straight ahead for quite a ways, or shine downward in not much distance.
    That wouldn't explain the yellowish hew though.

5. Brendon Kelley

Brendon Kelley Junior Member
    from Swanton

I’d pick up some quality led bulbs from your local pets store. We did it for our fisher xv2’s and the difference is 10x better!

6. OP
    OP
    Robert1966

Robert1966 Junior Member

Thanks BK! I had been looking into led lights online! I believe I am going to purchase some from JDM Astar. I purchased some led fog light bulbs a few years ago for different truck! Very bright-great quality and even better value! Hope this fixes my light issues!