Snow Plowing Forum banner
461 - 480 of 480 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
3-6 and 6-10 for us with late mixing for us. Should be interesting.
Absolute bust for us, just a salt run. Maybe a coating for most of ours to 1.5 inches in the hills ended up sticking lol. I'm not complaining though.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
Not a bust for us but our first client damage of the year. Go figure it’s my longest term employee, wrecking his streak of 3 years with zero damage. Anyone know how much a panel is for a 12’ wide insulated garage door? I can’t OOmkes it and just throw on caulk…
Laptop Wood Gesture Finger Netbook

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
I think the key may be "IF" you can get one that matches. If so, I'd bet less than 400, but shipping might be horrible, unless can be obtained through HD or such.
Well the local door company left their tag on it conveniently. Hoping since it’s a standard unit for them it’ll be “easier” to find.

· Super Moderator
43,031 Posts
Not a bust for us but our first client damage of the year. Go figure it’s my longest term employee, wrecking his streak of 3 years with zero damage. Anyone know how much a panel is for a 12’ wide insulated garage door? I can’t OOmkes it and just throw on caulk…
View attachment 262550
It's not nice to point fingers....

· Registered
5,651 Posts
View attachment 262550
Almost identical to my mishap this past Sunday. I was talking with a buddy last night and mentioned hitting panels. He feels strongly that the door MFR’s switch patterns every few years to intentionally make replacement panels more of a no-go. Don’t know if that is accurate or not, but I will be looking.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 ·
Well we get to out early to clean up the coating to an inch coming down now. Already salted the nuisance that came down over the weekend Sat and Sun. Good to be busy for sure.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
View attachment 262550
Door panel replacement will be done next week and cost a shade under a grand. Not great but not horrendous.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
Plus Ur prompt handling will be a plus when renewing contract.
I figured doing it right away plus not arguing over who should pay for what is a plus. We found most of the bottom accessories on the door were rotted and should’ve been replaced years ago. The cost of those parts is peanuts compared to the panel and really I shouldn’t argue something like that anyway. We are the ones that finished it off. We are the ones replacing it. Client is happy.

461 - 480 of 480 Posts