Snow Plowing Forum banner
441 - 460 of 480 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Probably got closer to 2in total. Driveway shoveled and looking fabulous. They were using a Cat 757? I think with like a bajillion foot wide plow for work parking lot. Clears 2 lanes in 1 pass.

· Registered
5,651 Posts
About 4” at my house. Gonna wait until 3 to go out. Light and fluffy so far.
We got probably 5" on top of the 3-4" that fell yesterday, so 8-9" from this system so far. Looks light and fluffy. Kid's daycare made the decision to close at 6:30 am "due to the storm", so I have a co-pilot. I usually put his booster seat up front if we are plowing, lol.
Heading out to hook up ol' trusty and make some piles.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
We got probably 5" on top of the 3-4" that fell yesterday, so 8-9" from this system so far. Looks light and fluffy. Kid's daycare made the decision to close at 6:30 am "due to the storm", so I have a co-pilot. I usually put his booster seat up front if we are plowing, lol.
Heading out to hook up ol' trusty and make some piles.
I love having one of my kids as a copilot! It’s too bad they mostly get bored lol. It looks like up the Indian lake way. There is only about 5 inches. A few places on our routes ended up with 10. All light and fluffy north of Glens Falls. Very happy to finally have a regular storm.

· Super Moderator
43,033 Posts
I love having one of my kids as a copilot! It’s too bad they mostly get bored lol.
Use to take my boy and he'd get out to help shovel. After about 2 hours he was tired and would sleep till I go him home 1/2 way through the route.
When he got older he'd run a Honda SS blower and then eventually taught him how to plow.

· Registered
5,651 Posts
Took a ride over to my folks, the most direct route for me is to take a windy old road that goes over a mountain. The uppermost part was a dirt road that finally got the last mile paved last summer. Beautiful ride, but no cell reception. If you get stuck or break down, you are waiting on the next person willing to stop.
Snow Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Road surface

Snow Branch Natural landscape Motor vehicle Sky

· Registered
5,651 Posts
I pulled people out of ditches and knew how to run a shovel.
Yup. Refuse the $20, ask them to help others. When I was a kid it would blow my little mind that my old man would refuse "a gift" from people he would pull over to help out, and just ask that they help out someone in the future.

In hindsight they were priceless lessons.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
Yup. Refuse the $20, ask them to help others. When I was a kid it would blow my little mind that my old man would refuse "a gift" from people he would pull over to help out, and just ask that they help out someone in the future.

In hindsight they were priceless lessons.
Yep I do the same thing. Never know when what goes around will come around. Besides, sometimes I get to teach a flatlander a lesson ha ha.

· Registered
880 Posts
Yep I do the same thing. Never know when what goes around will come around. Besides, sometimes I get to teach a flatlander a lesson ha ha.
The Good Old Days, now they All expect U to do it for them and give them money
I pulled people out of ditches and knew how to run a shovel.
U'll get Ur chance 2 polish up on it tomorrow night

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
I’ve never pulled a vehicle with
California plates out of a ditch without gett’en
Paid first.
I never left someone in the ditch I thought I could get out.
I took money a couple times when I was young and poor. I’m neither now and I don’t worry about it. I got help I didn’t deserve too.
Besides, the stories are worth it.

· Registered
17,182 Posts
Meh, their Californians.
And I don’t have any purple traffic cones

don a lot of off road driving, have enough stories

even a story of a friend getting run over and killed
Being a Good Samaritan. Some times it ain’t worth it, I can bank good karma other ways.

· Registered
17,182 Posts
Well coming from someone west of the Mississippi this is New Yawk. I’ll do what I want.
Who said you couldn’t?
I don’t know where you got the idea I was telling you what to do maybe there’s a chip someplace I’m not seeing?
I’ll do as I want & call the cops to come help the New Yorker in the ditch .

Depends on where they’re stuck, I’m not gonna put my life in danger pulling some drunk out of the ditch. Fer shets and giggles

I’ll drink a few beers at the brewery On the Californian , & laugh at the New Yorker and meet the folks I pulled out of the ditch, for free there.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #460 ·
Who said you couldn’t?
I don’t know where you got the idea I was telling you what to do maybe there’s a chip someplace I’m not seeing?
I’ll do as I want & call the cops to come help the New Yorker in the ditch .

Depends on where they’re stuck, I’m not gonna put my life in danger pulling some drunk out of the ditch. Fer shets and giggles

I’ll drink a few beers at the brewery On the Californian , & laugh at the New Yorker and meet the folks I pulled out of the ditch, for free there.
#triggered

441 - 460 of 480 Posts