Snow Plowing Forum banner
421 - 440 of 480 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Basically rain, saw a little bit of mix in my driveway. Got a UPS package delivery today so I laid salt down where the driver would be walking. Still went and got pizza at 230pm in flip flops. Zero slippage and they are as bald as an Eagle

· Registered
5,651 Posts
Been up since 2:45. Waiting on it to start again. Crews have everything clean just waiting on more.
Yesterday around noon it started sleeting enough to coat the driveway. That turned onto big fat (wet) flakes, it was quick and heavy, and we got about an inch in an hour. Wet flakes gave way to freezing rain for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
Around 4am I heard the town and county plows on the road, and woke up to 2-2 1/2” of heavy wet snow on the deck. Still coming down pretty good. Weatherman says it’s supposed to keep going until 2ish. Radar looks like it might peter out sooner

· Registered
03 Duramax 2500HD, 8' 6" Unmount
307 Posts
Rain in Rochester.

· Registered
35 Posts
Top of our run came in at 7 inches (above 1,000 ft), most of our accounts though a wet inch or 1.5 if that ..

Reactions: Kvston

· Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
Top of our run came in at 7 inches (above 1,000 ft), most of our accounts though a wet inch or 1.5 if that ..
South end for us was 2.5-3” over 20 hours. Top end 4”. The duration and mixing helped make it profitable. Kind of rough when multiple operators were out for personal reasons but we got it.

Everything got repaired today, ready for the next storm tomorrow night.

· Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
Long days but finally profitable. Worked construction Thursday 6 am to 3:30 pm. Worked snow 4:30 pm 10:45 pm. Went to base, ate, napped a bit then back at it 2:30 am until 4 pm. Go see my kid’s basketball and eat then back at it until 11 pm. Back at it this morning 5 am.
That’s what I signed up for.

· Registered
35 Posts
4-8" per the NWS and 6-10" per Weather Channel app, hopefully doesn't come down too wet.. Just as long as it starts at or towards the end of the Bills Game ..

Reactions: Kvston

· Registered
03 Duramax 2500HD, 8' 6" Unmount
307 Posts
Still nothing in Rochester.

· Registered
5,651 Posts
3-4" has fallen and stuck since this afternoon. Never particularly heavy, just steady. Weather app claiming it will snow through tomorrow afternoon/evening. Radar/Map makes it look possible. Would be nice to finally get a decent storm, and to actually get the accumulation predicted.

421 - 440 of 480 Posts