Snow Plowing Forum banner
301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
03 Duramax 2500HD, 8' 6" Unmount
231 Posts
Depending what TV channel you watch here, they're saying 3"-5" on one channel and 4"-8" on the other, with heavier amounts possible east of Rochester.

Reactions: Kvston

·
Registered
231 Posts
The only accurate weather gets reported the Day After!
I like when the meteorologist says "50% chance"

Nothing like painting with a broad brush.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The only accurate weather gets reported the Day After!
If you're old enough to remember the original Saturday Night Live, during the Weekend Update segment they would occasionally have someone do the weather forecast. Well, one episode they had Father Guido Sarducci as the meteorologist and after roughly 10 minutes of rambling on about high pressure, cumulous clowds and other nonsense, he finally summarizes the forecast with "it may rain, it may snow or it may not, it all depends on the weather."

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Time to gear back up. Of course three trucks has their summer rubber on already and all the plows have been put up. 3-6” on the north end of our route Monday night.

Should be a nice sloppy mess. Hopefully just a bunch of salting and maybe one plow to clean it up.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
You could say it’s been rather bad. 8-10” of slop stuck to trees. Probably seen over 250 trees down. 6 of 7 local towns have no power. Two trucks down due to tree damage. One may be a write off with the A pillar and roof/windshield frame damage. Rough morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,296 Posts
You could say it’s been rather bad. 8-10” of slop stuck to trees. Probably seen over 250 trees down. 6 of 7 local towns have no power. Two trucks down due to tree damage. One may be a write off with the A pillar and roof/windshield frame damage. Rough morning.
Oh snap....

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
My folks have been without line-power since Monday night, so no phone/cable/innernet either. No eta for restoration of services for a large area around them. What falling trees missed breaking, the winds took care of. Telephone poles in front of their property SNAPPED off in the wind. Thankfully 35 miles away I didn't get that wind at my house.

Couple years ago my old man decided they ought to get a whole house generator, so we picked out a 22K Generac and put it in. I'll bet they are getting at least 150 service hours a year out of it on average. Glad they have it.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts