Snow Plowing Forum banner
281 - 300 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Fella on the Facebook is pretty decent too. His name is Weatherman G. He was on top of a November storm that it was raining in Albany but 15 miles east in RensCo got 12-18 inches of snow.
I have heard of him and about his accuracy.
My opinions do not generally fit in bf algorithms and their Censorship of me= they can and will forever K.M.A.!!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
NY'ers, prep, nap and Good Luck tonight & Tomorrow!!
I'll be dreaming of what I'm missing.
NOT!!
Me and Jax WILL be in SNOW Mode tho, me shoveling and him biting shovel while on ground and then knocking it over once it leaves the ground!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Went out at 3am, just got back. Almost a great day. Good service cycle times, overall good job by the boys.
Only negative was one brother-driving another brother’s truck-managed to hit a building, only damaging the truck thankfully.

Other than that a real good day. Cleanups plus sanding residential, salting commercial again tomorrow

·
Registered
03 Duramax 2500HD, 8' 6" Unmount
231 Posts
Went out at 3am, just got back. Almost a great day. Good service cycle times, overall good job by the boys.
Only negative was one brother-driving another brother's truck-managed to hit a building, only damaging the truck thankfully.

Other than that a real good day. Cleanups plus sanding residential, salting commercial again tomorrow
Went out at about 5am yesterday, again at 5pm and then 10am this morning for a final cleanup.

Overall about 10" of super light snow.

Only negative is a failing master cylinder on my truck. Pulled up one driveway to back blade it out and the pedal dropped to the floor. Pumped it back up, rock solid. Was ok for the next few times and then back to the floor again. Fluid full, no spots under the truck. Finished my route and picked up a new MC for $50 from Advance..... guess what I'll be doing tomorrow??

·
Registered
03 Duramax 2500HD, 8' 6" Unmount
231 Posts
Hopefully you have a warm shop Mike!
My truck is longer than my garage is deep (extended cab 2500HD with an 8' box)..... I can get the truck far enough in to put it on my lift, but I can't shut the garage door because the end of the box hangs outside.

Fortunately I'm cold blooded, I'll do the job outside tomorrow.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My truck is longer than my garage is deep (extended cab 2500HD with an 8' box)..... I can get the truck far enough in to put it on my lift, but I can't shut the garage door because the end of the box hangs outside.

Looks like after 10a wont be sooo bad, Better than Mondays Temps.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts

I run into the same problem working on the suburban in my garage. I have pallet racking against the head wall (opposite of the garage doors) so I can't close the doors with the truck inside. Ive kept a bunch of leftover 1" faced foam board on hand and piece it in to close off the garage door opening around the vehicle when I have to do extended work on the truck in cold weather. It's a PITA, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

******* for life:
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Out already checking runoff freezing. Looks like a fairly easy week ahead of some deicing and hopefully stacking/hauling snow. Would be nice to sit in a heated cab while its cold.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Ya tomorrow should be interesting. I’m seeing one guy doing construction job site clean outs in the morning. Two others will drop off the 6500 to have the in cab hoist control plug repaired. Two others doing site checks and deicing. Boss will begin the day in the shop making maintenance lists and getting on construction schedules for the building season. If all goes well, I should be warm tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
Got lucky last night, plowable snow after our deicing the “coating to an inch” that was forecast. Saturday looks to be a marathon workload. It’ll be nice to add to the totals for the year.

281 - 300 of 323 Posts