New V-Box

gordyo

I purchased my first Stainless Steel V-Box this week thanks to advice I got from alot of you guys last spring when I posted the question stainless vs. steel. I pick it up on Friday if everything goes right. I saw it today at the distributor and can't wait to get it installed.:) I'll try to remember to post a picture when I get it back from the shop.

Last edited:

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I know the feeling, I sold my downeaster mild steel unit today, and my tailgate spreader should go on Friday. That means that tomorrow I will be at the dealer to p/u my new stainless steel spreader. My options are a smith electric unit like the one I am running on my 98 K-3500. Or the new Fisher units with honda power or techumseh power.
I am leaning towards the smith unit for 3600 Cash and carry, vs the honda power for 4450.00.
What do you guys think?
Dino

bam

try ice o way, they have a 6.5' model.

www.iceoway.com

we run 8', 9' SS models, never have problems with them, also have ms model which we repainted this year.

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Dino, I think you know my answer - get the Honda. A motor that'll start every time makes it worth extra (vs another gas - don't know about electric).

DYNA PLOW

i have a stainless snoway v box with 8hp briggs,no trouble with engine starting yet but ..............if i had it to do again i would like the electric motor just to avoid possible no start situations at 2am.
dan

#1 plowtech

GOLFMANRES,
Did you take a look at SNO-EX (trynex) 6' plastic hopper with steel frame, electricmotor and vibrator? i installed 4 8' footers and so far very happy. Good luck PT.:waving:

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Good luck with the new box, Gordyo!

Dino, I had too much trouble with my Briggs powered Torwell, the main reason I bought the Snowfighter. Every storm it would give me trouble with electrical glitches. Once I got them sorted out, it ran fine, and always started. I think the same would happen with a Honda.

I talked to a guy the other day who runs an electric sander, he loves it. He's had it 5 years and hasn't done anything to it. To set up, he makes one plug connection and goes. The motor draws 30 amps, so if you've got sufficient power, I think it would be the way to go.

landscaper3

Gorgyo they make the Dowmeasters 30 minutes from our shop! You picked up a real good sander and the perfect truck to put it on, Is that a automatic transmission? If so look into the Banks transpak or B&M transpack raises the line pressure on those a4od which is needed. Once agian great sander!!!!:p

Top Forums