Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First time poster but I've had the pleasure of using all the valuable information from you all for quite awhile. I recently bought a used 7'6" Ultramount Straight plow for my '87 F150 which came with a harness and relay off of an older Chevy truck. 3plug/3port. I then bought a new mount, used controller, used Isolation module. I have a couple questions...

1) Can I somehow use that headlight harness for my headlights? I'm not sure which headlights they were from but they aren't the 2B connectors like my truck. Can I cut and splice? Or just swap connectors?

2) If I cannot, can I still get the plow to move without plugging in my headlights? Via linking grounds or some other option? I read somewhere that the headlight and control are isolated but I also get the feeling the headlights somehow complete the ground. We have a storm coming (hopefully the last of the season) and it'd be nice to get it at least going and then I'll buy the correct harness this summer.

3) Does anyone know how I can test the Relay to see if it's good?

Thank you so much and I look forward to being a part of this awesome community.

· Premium Member
17,038 Posts
1) assuming it's a 4 port module, the modules are different between Chevy and Ford so even if you cut and spliced the connectors, the headlights wont work. If, by some chance, it's a 3 port then theoretically you could do what you suggested if you can find the right connectors

2) the headlights do not need to be connected to work. The 11 pin lighting connector going TO the plow does need to be connected but the truck headlights do not

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks!

Yes, I bought the green tag 3 port module. Should all be good then.

All is plugged in and I'm still not getting power so the troubleshooting begins. From what I understand, it's most likely a grounding issues so I'll trace connectors back to see if I can trace it. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.