New truck in the next 2 years

Chas0218

So I'm looking hard at the F250 crew cab possibly 8' box. I like the idea of the aluminum body as I keep my trucks for 10 years or longer if i like them. No matter what it'll be a couple years old with lower miles. The typical 4WD, locking rear, pull 10k or more and be reliable. There are a few things that are scaring me about the timing chain strectch in the ford and the cams in the ram. I'm not really particular on any one brand except im not buying a honda or toyota it needs to be a 3/4 ton gasser.

So what do you have and what do you like or hate about it? I dont know whether to believe that dirt monkey guy on youtube.

thelettuceman

PlowSite.com Addict
I had an F150 with aluminum bed. I mistreat a truck bed as well as anyone. That aluminum bed can take tons of punishment. I can't comment on engine issues because I am not familiar with what you are posting.
Since you are buying new in 2 years from now, the current engine problems could be a non issue.

OP
C

Chas0218

I had an F150 with aluminum bed. I mistreat a truck bed as well as anyone. That aluminum bed can take tons of punishment. I can't comment on engine issues because I am not familiar with what you are posting.
Since you are buying new in 2 years from now, the current engine problems could be a non issue.
It would be 2 years old but current models being bought today.

Another feature i forgot was heated seats being a must.

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
So I'm looking hard at the F250 crew cab possibly 8' box. I like the idea of the aluminum body as I keep my trucks for 10 years or longer if i like them. No matter what it'll be a couple years old with lower miles. The typical 4WD, locking rear, pull 10k or more and be reliable. There are a few things that are scaring me about the timing chain strectch in the ford and the cams in the ram. I'm not really particular on any one brand except im not buying a honda or toyota it needs to be a 3/4 ton gasser.

So what do you have and what do you like or hate about it? I dont know whether to believe that dirt monkey guy on youtube.
Hey, I know you are pretty far from me...I’m near Madison WI, but I have the truck you want. 2017 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4 6’ bed. Ruby Red. Never plowed with. 18,500 miles on it. Hardly gets driven really. Currently not listed for sale but everything can be bought for a price. If you are interested ever, just DM me after you make 10 posts. I love this truck, but I could always buy a new one.

mnlawns

Hey, I know you are pretty far from me...I’m near Madison WI, but I have the truck you want. 2017 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4 6’ bed. Ruby Red. Never plowed with. 18,500 miles on it. Hardly gets driven really. Currently not listed for sale but everything can be bought for a price. If you are interested ever, just DM me after you make 10 posts. I love this truck, but I could always buy a new one.
how much? not really looking for another truck just yet was going to wait until the fall but let me know

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
how much? not really looking for another truck just yet was going to wait until the fall but let me know
When you are considering buying just direct message me and we can talk and see if anything could be worked out. I’m not actively selling this truck, I’m just saying I could possibly.

OP
C

Chas0218

H

Ive been plowing 35 years and my boss just splurged on heated seats for me this year....
I leave them off most of the time....
I just got the heated seat this year. We bought another daily driver. I like them on the low setting after a long day on the shovel or when it's real cold. Today We had -9 at our house and even with the car running for a few minutes everything was ice cold. The heated seat kept me warm for the drive. Also it is more for the wife as she is always cold.

I wouldn't mind the cooled seats but those usually come on the fully loaded editions and I can't afford that.

Landgreen

Get the Extra battery for the snow plow prep
Or at least make sure the battery is big enough. I replaced the factory battery in my 17 F350 recently. It was only 650 CCA. And this was the battery that the stealership installed after having voltage issues first year of plowing with it. I installed an 850 CCA and now have none of the radio cut out problems when plowing.

Mark13

PlowSite Fanatic
I dont know whether to believe that dirt monkey guy on youtube.
That guy wouldn't know which side of the window to lick first if you sat him down right in front of it.

Heated seats are nice but I find myself using the cooled seats much more, even while plowing. Heat cranked to keep windows clear, cooled seat on low, and drivers window open a little bit. I like the heated seats for the first couple minutes but after that I've had enough. The only time I really use them is if the truck has been sitting outside, I'll start it to warm up for 10+ minutes and turn the heated seats on low and it's good to go by the time I come back to it.

Justin cantin

I've had all 3/4 ton American trucks. My last 2 have been ford's.. 2012 and 2018 currently. I love the 18 f250. Much better work truck IMHO than others. Chevy is a better ride and more comfy.. but ford handles heavy plow better with solid axle, it does make ride rougher but these aluma duties are crazy good..

eastendpm

AC seats are where it’s at for plowing. That way you can keep the cab nice and warm to keep the windows melting up and your not sweating your balls of! Helps since we tend to be dressed warmly to go out plowing/shoveling. Def not a necessity, but I def do not use my heated seats when plowing it would just be too damn hot in the cab. Your truck my just come with heated and cooled seats it’s standard on the lariat now. Don’t need to buy an platinum or ultimate or anything crazy.

Top Forums