Snow Plowing Forum banner

new treadwrights

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  jerrywane 
#1 ·
Grab so good its scary.I think im gonna put my reg. tire back on the front cause it sticks the road soft and will take time to get used too......great tire,and the the tire shop guys jaws dropped when they seen how little it took to balence them!Getting another set for summer time ,and i got them with the walnut shels and glass in them awsume www.treadwright.com tryit youll like it:yow!:

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks just like a BFG Allterrain. I love those tires. I get em everytime I need tires.

Also make sure to tighten those bolts down on your plow mount before you put a plow on that truck.

#4 ·
Man I just looked at the site and for 265 75 16 they are 110.00 each for load range E! they are a hell of alot cheaper than the BFGs for that matter any tire I looked at (duratrac) they are like 200 and some change, they look the same as the Bfgs tho, whats the catch?

#5 ·
oooo nevermind, they are re treads

#6 ·
Those tires are made the same way a regular tire is made. Altho Im pretty sure treadwright dont tires dont say "BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A ko" on the sidewall and it looks like thats what the tires in the pic say....

Tread wright tire -

Convential tire -

#7 ·
Yea they are made the same, I researched it, that is a really cost effective option, I have to get a new set and 600 vs 1000 sounds good to me

#10 ·
Tire places dont give u hell to mount and balance do they??

#12 ·
tried treadwright. had several of them come apart. 1 completely totaled the bed on my ford. Took em all off and threw them away put new steeltex on. What I saved on the retreads. was nothing compared to a new box and the down time from them coming apart going down the road.

#14 ·
my most hated word in my tire dictionary "RETREAD" had too many blow on my big trucks and god forbid i put them on a pickup i'll stick to my courser c/t's best tire i have had in a long time

#15 ·
Upon closer inspection of the mount. It appears there are 4 tight bolts on the corners.

#16 ·
In almost all cases, a retread tire will last longer than a new tire. One reason re-caps fail on big trucks (busses, semis, fire trucks, etc) is because the tires are not balanced and have tremendous weight and pressure on them. Heat and pressure will destroy anything. Retreads on a pick up truck are perfectly safe. You have to compare apples to apples, not apples to peaches. A "big" truck is not the same as a "pick up" truck. Tread wright would not sell tires if they are going to explode/blow out. The process is exactly the same as a new tire. They just reuse the casing. Around here the local tire shop uses casings up to 10yrs old.

#17 ·
It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices on these tires. Will Treadwrights stay low, and become an even better value? Or will they increase prices, because they can as new tire prices continue to rise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.