New toys

Snoworks

Senior Member
Location
Glenview
I think you might need something a little bigger.
Just my two cents worth. HA! HA!
Awsome rig, I will put it on my wish list for my B-day.

CGB;)
 
OP
J

J.Henderson

Senior Member
Waiting to get a plow for my 2500. I still don't know if I want to mount on my snoway or get a new boss. I am waiting to hear from bank. I want a Vee.

I posted the blower pictures for the benefit of Casey. How many members remember him? He was the one who swore up and down a blower could beat a plow in residentials. Maybe with a blower like ths he could.
 
OP
J

J.Henderson

Senior Member
It looked like 2 10 footers bolted together in the middle. It was also close to 4 1/2 ' tall. There hydraulics were also monsterous. I remember seeing these babies fly on the runways last year. They were throwing windrows 15 foot high and 20 foot away. They were also going (or so it looked) around 45 miles per hour. Got to keep the planes on the tarmac.
 

Got Grass?

Senior Member
Location
Western New York
Originally posted by Snoworks
I think you might need something a little bigger.
Just my two cents worth. HA! HA!
Awsome rig, I will put it on my wish list for my B-day.

CGB;)

Next time we get 7ft, I know who I'll be calling.....
Seriously I wish..... Nice equip they have there.
 

GreginAlaska

Junior Member
Location
Alaska
We have a snowblower on a compact tractor, I would sure like to trade it on one of those! It's my wifes business, sometimes when we get a big dump I get to go blow driveways while my wife (or the guy who works for her) is out plowing with the F350/Fisher. Sheesh. Backing up to snowblow is a literal pain in the neck after a few driveaways and it is in NO WAY as fast as a plow, but our customers sure seem to like the fact that I can keep their driveways widened out with it.

sb1.jpg
 

casey

Banned
Location
Toronto Canada
Single stage blowers are faster on small res. drives, do no damage to turf or pavement, work easily between cars & down walks & clean right to the pavement for a better finish.

That truck has a 2 stage & couldn't possibly compete.
 
Last edited:

gordyo

Senior Member
Location
Taxachussets
GreginAlaska,

That's exactly the reason that when I purchased a Snowblower for our John Deere 1070 tractor I got a Lorenz. They make an undercarriage that allows you to mount the snowblower out front and use the rear PTO to power it. I used a rear mount once for about 2 hours and my neck has never been the same.
 

guido

PlowSite.com Veteran
Exactly!

Originally posted by J.Henderson
It looked like 2 10 footers bolted together in the middle. It was also close to 4 1/2 ' tall. There hydraulics were also monsterous. I remember seeing these babies fly on the runways last year. They were throwing windrows 15 foot high and 20 foot away. They were also going (or so it looked) around 45 miles per hour. Got to keep the planes on the tarmac.

We use about 6 of those OshKosh Multi Purpose Units. Its got a seperate engine just for the lower (as big as the drive engine) Only problem with the blower is you have to go pretty slow.

We have plows on all of ours but one. We have 3 or 4 blowers, but only leave one attatched. With those 20 footers, you really have to fly to get the snow to fly off the blade. We're usually going between 35 and 45 MPH depending upon ice and amount of snow. Its fun, but it gets old. I don't mind plowing on the runway/airfield once in a while, but I much rather be on the streets.

I'll try to get some pics of our fleet in the next week or two. We just added 2 Avalanche snow pushers for our 4 CY loaders and 2 smaller pushers for our bobcat's, so hopefully they work out well.
 

Alan

PlowSite.com Addict
Originally posted by casey
Single stage blowers are faster on small res. drives, do no damage to turf or pavement, work easily between cars & down walks & clean right to the pavement for a better finish.

That truck has a 2 stage & couldn't possibly compete.

Suuure,, somebody had to tease him and get him to grace us with his presence again.
 

Top Forums

Similar threads

Similar threads

Top