Snow Plowing Forum banner

New to the site and the game meyer question and rate?

982 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jray3369 
#1 ·
I got a new meyer plow off a guy who had it for two years. It came on a F250 02 or 03 not sure but doesnt matter. Any ways im putting it on my 1996 f350 red cab 7.3 powerstroke.

First off the plow hast some little rust spots from scratches and needs a pump sump shel, the mount is brokel. Im going to fix the rust and the pump plus the lines.

The plow is a st 7.5 with MD II mount, what is needed to mount to my truck or what is the part nember?

I got the whole setup for 1,000. I couldnt pass it up. an comments about this set up? anything to worrie about? And is it a good deal?

I have been in the mowing buisness for 5 years by myself and worked for a buisness before that, everyone want me to do there drives so i gave in with the deal.

Another question, my father wants me to work with him what should he pay me? My truck, plow, fule, parts, ect. He has been known to screw me out of what im worth, so i want a ball park if you could.

Thank you for your time and have a great day, New member, Jordan

See less See more
#2 ·
See if this link works http://www.rustrepair.com/snow_plow_parts/onlinecat.htm?r=ds&p=sn-meyer then select EZ mount(MDII), mounting cartons.

Around here I pay my subs $50-60 per hour, depending on truck and experience. They provide their own truck 7.5 - 8.5 blade, fuel, insurance, and take care of their own repairs. Sub rates will vary depending on your location. Ask others in the business locally what they pay or get paid.

#3 ·
Jray3369 said:
Another question, my father wants me to work with him what should he pay me? My truck, plow, fule, parts, ect. He has been known to screw me out of what im worth, so i want a ball park if you could.

Thank you for your time and have a great day, New member, Jordan
If your father has "been known to screw you out of what you are worth", why are you considering plowing for him? Sounds like a good question for FamilyTherapysite.com.

It sounds like you are a motivated person by the fact that you found equipment for the right price and are putting the deal together. There is plenty of work out there, do not put yourself in negative position before the snow flys.

#4 ·
He has been know to not give me what i am worth judging by other people. ( I have been told this, not me thinking well me too) I am considering to work with him because he needs the help, he as a full night and wants to add a another contract of 45 empty new homes. For a local home builder. I could get some of my clients from mowing, but thats just "some". Any other input is welcome, thank you for who as responded so far, Jordan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.