Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just looking for some recommendations. I live in NH and just bought a new Chevy 2500 and am looking for plow suggestions. My main concern is ease of hooking up. I drive 60 miles round trip for work so I will be disconnecting and reconnecting frequently. I have Boss, Western, and Fisher dealers all relatively close. This will be a new plow purchase not intrested in used.

Thanks everyone in advance for any help!

· Registered
17,117 Posts
What are you looking to plow?
Are you going to plow commercial or is this just for your personal use?

Are you thinking I’m getting a straight plow or a V plow ?

Which dealer is more willing to work with you on pricing and warranty work.
And is the guy working the parts counter a mouth breather or not?

but more important , what color is your truck so we can pick out a plow that will match the color of your truck .

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Are you thinking I'm getting a straight plow or a V plow ?

Which dealer is more willing to work with you on pricing and warranty work.
And is the guy working the parts counter a mouth breather or not?

but more important , what color is your truck so we can pick out a plow that will match the color of your truck .
All good questions lol! Residential use, my drive way and a few others. I am open to a straight blade or a V. All the dealers have been easy to get ahold of for quotes and questions so far. And the truck is black

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

· Registered
15,571 Posts
Welcome to PS. Nice chebbie.
You're going to get multiple answers on what to buy, because of multiple preferences.
@cwren2472 might know which brand requires less modifications to the truck.
I personally like boss, but that's just my opinion. I also prefer V plows, because of the versatility. A little easier to move the snow around where you need to, especially in tighter spaces.
@Philbilly2 has a lot of GM experience and he likes western.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts

Are you
And is the guy working the parts counter a mouth breather or not?.
Not all counter jockeys can live up to the high standards set by some

AAnd the truck is black
Luckily black matches everything.

You're going to get multiple answers on what to buy, because of multiple preferences.
@cwren2472 might know which brand requires less modifications to the truck.
In terms of cutting/modifications - probably Western is the least invasive, at least from the photos I've seen. I've never installed one but Phil has posted so pretty good looking photos. I can personally guarantee that both Boss and Fisher require major cutting. Boss does offer their replacement lower valance.

As far as ease of hook-up, I'll be diplomatic and say that every dealer is going to say theirs is the easiest, quickest, whatever-ist. My recommendation would be to watch youtube videos of hook-up examples for each, and consider visiting all three dealers so they can show you how the plow connects - they may not (likely won't) be able to actually demonstrate it, but should be able to at least show you outside at a real, live plow what the procedure is.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I'm not too concerned with the cutting it's a work truck lol! My main concern is how easy it will be to mount and dis mount the blade. I figured the dealers would all say theirs is the best so I'm looking for for real world experiences

· Registered
15,571 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I'm not too concerned with the cutting it's a work truck lol! My main concern is how easy it will be to mount and dis mount the blade. I figured the dealers would all say theirs is the best so I'm looking for for real world experiences
There are a few on here who have at least 2 of the 3 brands mentioned. They will probably chime in with their options.
I know I can get a boss v plow on, or off in a couple minutes.

· Registered
6,844 Posts
Plows have gotten way easier to mount/dismount in the last 15 years or so. Most major brands and new plows shouldn't be hard at all. Level ground helps. And if you have the money for a v than thats the way to go

· Registered
6,382 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm kinda leaning towards Boss at this point. The prices seem to be best. 5200$ for a 8'straight blade or 5800$ for a 8'2 V
If you go Boss spend the extra 600 for the Vee

As others stated all are good options, my preference would be Western but that doesn't matter here.

· Registered
5,465 Posts
A Boss V (or any other V plow) will be more versatile. For your application a wide out would be best. You’ll get a much better scrape back blading with a wide out, or a straight blade for that matter compared to a V.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.