Snow Plowing Forum banner

New to Snow in Southern Kentucky

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JMHConstruction 
#1 ·
First, thanks to everyone posting all the help on this site. I know this question has been beat to death but I feel like every situation is different. I live in South central Ky, we average 10 to 15 inches of snow per year. We started our lawn care company this year and we are investing in snow blowing this winter. I've bought a used single stage blower to use. The plan is to hit residential driveways and walks. If we happen to pick up anything bigger than drives we have a sub waiting. We don't quite know all the ins and outs on subbing out snow just yet if there is any. Insurance has already okayed us to do a certain amount. I'm mainly looking for the base pricing you would start with.. Price by sq. ft? Hourly? I've yet to see anyone in town blowing snow for the smaller driveways so I feel like there is huge potential. I'm open to any and all suggestions and questions. Thank you.

#2 ·
Not 100% on where you fall on in this storm headed this way Friday. You want a crash course? get big insurance, big accounts and big contractors from up north (I want in) take a modest % and watch the ticker move north in a hurry on your yearly Biz. Plus save a town or biz or a bunch of both. Ohio guys DO snow the farther north the better. Get contracts for this storm ONLY. Sign contract's with us Northerners and BOOM ! Cash in fast or watch the reward slip to your competition.

#4 ·
aagroundclearin;2099695 said:
Not 100% on where you fall on in this storm headed this way Friday. You want a crash course? get big insurance, big accounts and big contractors from up north (I want in) take a modest % and watch the ticker move north in a hurry on your yearly Biz. Plus save a town or biz or a bunch of both. Ohio guys DO snow the farther north the better. Get contracts for this storm ONLY. Sign contract's with us Northerners and BOOM ! Cash in fast or watch the reward slip to your competition.
:dizzy: don't do this, you're not equipped....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.