New to site, looking for some insight in the business

NagoDesi

Hello Team, I'm new here, currently I'm a residential owner in Central New Jersey with a commercial unit ( Ariens Rapid Track professional 32) and was thinking of making a few extra dollar's snow blowing residential homes in my spare time. I don't want to invest in a truck/plow set up nor have a CDL license,l I'm not fully experienced in this field and would like to gain knowledge from you experts in this field. I plan to get a new compact/sub compact tractor(Kubota or JD) and with a rear plow and front blower combination for my residence anyway..

I would like your expertise in purchasing a utility trailer and small pickup truck to haul my snow blowers around if possible. As mentioned, I'm already helping my elderly neighbors, average driveways around me are about 100 feet 2 to 3 car wide.

The average rate in my area is $65 for a two car driveway no salt applied. This would also be a good experience for my son who is 15 to learn the business as well.

Any advice you can give is appreciated in Advance.

Attachments

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
Welcome to PS!
If you are just going to use a walk behind snowblower I would look at a midsized truck.
Dakota,Canyon,Etc
Easier to load,the ramps,don't need to be so long.
As for the tractor, what's your budget?
There are lots of options for attachments only limited by your budget.