New to plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Roadfury87, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Roadfury87

Roadfury87 Junior Member
    from Alaska

Hi
    New to the forums obviously lol
    Looking into getting a plow for my truck. Never had a plow before. Although I have plowed before. But I wouldnt go as far as to say I'm a pro. Anyways I just quit my full time job I was on the east coast. I'm in northern California now for the winter. Thinking i might get into some snow removal business till spring I'm heading to Alaska which is were I'm originally from. So just want to create some work for myself till then. I think i found a nice little package for my truck. It's a snowbear package for my 2004 mazda b4000. Any tips or advice before i spend a chunk of change would be appreciated

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You should sub for somebody since your just passing through. Don't go through the expense of setting up a business. Is that truck 4 wheel drive?

3. OP
    OP
    Roadfury87

Roadfury87 Junior Member
    from Alaska

Yea its 4 wheel drive. Your probably right though I should do that before I put more wear and tear on my own truck. Shes still got to make it to Alaska lol

leolkfrm likes this.
  4. BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty Member

^ I have a Mazda b3000 5-speed four-wheel drive. My only tip would be to always use four-wheel drive low. it's just my opinion but I think regular four-wheel drive is a little too much strain on the truck. I have a snowex LT 7200. You can see it in the thread with the photos of small rigs. Good luck to you and post a pic of what you get.