Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fellow plowers. Could use some input from all you Western plow experts. I have upgraded my truck and plow this season. I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 3500HD Pro complete with snow plow package. Regular Cab Long box. I have leveled the front as well to accommodate my new W30 wide out. My issue is driving at night. I cannot see the road due to the fact my rubber deflector stands straight up blocking my LED’s. The dealer wasn’t much help. They advised me to slow down and lower plow. Not much help to say the least. I cannot use a thicker deflector due to the wide outs. Any suggestions? I thought of mounting steel brackets to hold the flap down. But concerned I might poke a hole in someone’s garage.

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Good morning fellow plowers. Could use some input from all you Western plow experts. I have upgraded my truck and plow this season. I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 3500HD Pro complete with snow plow package. Regular Cab Long box. I have leveled the front as well to accommodate my new W30 wide out. My issue is driving at night. I cannot see the road due to the fact my rubber deflector stands straight up blocking my LED’s. The dealer wasn’t much help. They advised me to slow down and lower plow. Not much help to say the least. I cannot use a thicker deflector due to the wide outs. Any suggestions? I thought of mounting steel brackets to hold the flap down. But concerned I might poke a hole in someone’s garage.
Is this an OEM deflector or home-made?

·
Super Moderator
9,961 Posts
You can add braces above to stop that, just as I have seen braces added below, for the really floppy deflectors that hang down too much.
You can add braces above to stop that, just as I have seen braces added below, for the really floppy deflectors that hang down too much.
That’s how ours is setup as well, you can kind lf
See them here.
(Ignore the moron running in the street during a snow storm when there’s a cleared sidewalk)
Sky Snow Vehicle Plant Hood
P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts