Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the community, Moved up north from Florida and looking to find a way to use my truck and earn some extra income. Have read a few things online and want to find a plow to equip my truck and get started this upcoming season.
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram from Florida so no rust and a almost perfect body. Looking for a plow and someone to install. Will also be looking for the proper path to get the proper licenses etc. Looking forward to learning the business as well as learning my way around the area.

Thanks in advance.

-William

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
New to the community, Moved up north from Florida and looking to find a way to use my truck and earn some extra income. Have read a few things online and want to find a plow to equip my truck and get started this upcoming season.
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram from Florida so no rust and a almost perfect body. Looking for a plow and someone to install. Will also be looking for the proper path to get the proper licenses etc. Looking forward to learning the business as well as learning my way around the area.

Thanks in advance.

-William
Do you have any experience with plowing snow?
1st you need a commercial auto policy and liability insurance.
Is your truck 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton? This would be relevant in determining a plow and what direction you should go (residential, commercial, etc).
Will you be available and ready to work anytime, day or night with little notice?
If you're serious about venturing into the snow business, may subcontract for someone.

Is your truck for sale? A rust free southern truck might be appealing...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any experience with plowing snow?
1st you need a commercial auto policy and liability insurance.
Is your truck 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton? This would be relevant in determining a plow and what direction you should go (residential, commercial, etc).
Will you be available and ready to work anytime, day or night with little notice?
If you're serious about venturing into the snow business, may subcontract for someone.

Is your truck for sale? A rust free southern truck might be appealing...
No experience what so ever.
3/4 ton truck (diesel).
Currently have a job that I work 2nd shift (2p-11p) would possibly work over night and some mornings that I can manage. Have entertained a few people but if i can earn extra income I'm willing to hold onto it for a little while, if not.......

·
Premium Member
14,755 Posts
Nevermind - looks like it belongs to some guy named chuck

Edit: and it's on a 1500. Who would never be caught slumming it in a half ton.

Edit #2: and it's a blizzard but not a power plow.

·
Registered
13,882 Posts

Edit: and it's on a 1500. Who would never be caught slumming it in a half ton.

Edit #2: and it's a blizzard but not a power plow.

Would that make it a Chuck wagon?

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
Reactions: 512high

·
Registered
51,646 Posts
Yes, last I checked the Midwesterners live in the Mid-west. Weird, I know.
Ummmm...wouldn't that be our place then?

And we're already there?

·
Registered
51,646 Posts

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
Why would you copy and paste someone else's truck Pic to put up in your avatar?
Kinda sounds like a guy who wears a pointy hat?:unsure:

·
Premium Member
14,755 Posts
Why would you copy and paste someone else's truck Pic to put up in your avatar?
Kinda sounds like a guy who wears a pointy hat?:unsure:
Easy. It's like when you put a poster of the Duke's of Hazard General Lee on your bedroom wall. He has "2001 Dodge 1500 With A Blizzard Plow" envy. We all can dream, can't we?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

Thanks in advance.

-William
start by having your truck rustproofed/undercoated
look around for someone who needs winter help, learn before jumping in and spending a lot of money

1 - 20 of 33 Posts