Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well I was supposed to go in today to have them look and see if they could adjust anything, and I just said screw it... less hassle to just weld extensions to the factory shoes, not to mention I've got these already. Tabs will be bolted under the plow's outer most bolt to hang some cube lights aimed to the side and slightly to the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice, neat to someone with a similar idea! Have you pushed any snow with it yet? Looks like you might not have.

I haven't pushed any either, but I'm pretty confident that it's going to work well, mine is a Western Enforcer, which I was told is essentially the same plow as the Fisher. Does your plow have the traditional Fisher plow push plates?

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes I have! We got a 12" dumping of snow Dec 9th. Worked pretty well! We've gotten about 4 dustings since... 2-3". Nothing worth plowing. I did however try it on my gravel driveway with 3", and it didn't work very well at all. I think what happened was that with a loose gravel base and not much snow the shoes get too much traction and actually force the top of the plow forward, and lifts the suspension a little. This caused only the front of the shoes to be in contact with the driveway. I plan to make pipe edges, but waiting on a friend to get the pipe. In the mean time, we're scheduled to get another storm this friday, so I think I'll modify the shoes tomorrow to lift the front a little. Maybe an inch.

Not sure about the push plates. They're the minute mount II. I do like that your truck mounts come off easier. I plan to take mine off in the spring, but I'll have to unbolt them.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts