New Server

plsoucy

Hi,

PlowSite is now hosted on a new server (some links may not work for two or three days, but most of the site is working properly anyway).

I'd like to know what do you think of the new server, if you feel it is faster, slower or if you don't see any difference.

Thanks!

Pierre-Luc Soucy

Jay ALC

Yes, much faster even though I am already on a cable modem :) Also, now that this is set up on a virtual domain, it may become a pain to reload pages. Could it be set up as a virtual domain with a base to it so that the location was the true location? Just a thought, sorry if I confised anyone.

Rob

PlowSite.com Veteran
Hi Guys,
I'm on a cable modem, generally later in the evening so the user count is usually pretty low when I'm on. I really didn't have any complaints about how the site was loading before, but seems to be even faster now. Great Job !

Thanks for all of the hard work,

OP
P

plsoucy

Fine! Any other comments?

It currently isn't exactly a virtual domain... it is the site at a new address in a frame, with a hidden frame at the top - that shouldn't last long though, we should set up the new DNS info tomorrow or Sunday and then it will work like before, at plowsite.com, one or two days later.

Pierre-Luc

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
I'm not sure if this has something to do with the new server or not, but when I get an e-mail stating that someone replied to my topic, when I click the link in the e-mail, it doesn't work. Just thought I'd pass it along...

-Tim

A

administrator

That will be fixed soon. Along with the links in the header.

Chuck

PlowSite.com Addict
It seems to be a little faster for me as well on the new server - typically, I'm on when the user count is pretty low as well, so I'll have to try it out when there's lots of people on-line...............

OP
P

plsoucy

Nice to see it goes faster for all of you :)

The move is complete here, all the links are now working... if they aren't yet for you, they should be later today (DNS records may not have been updated on your ISP servers, but it should be done for everyone soon).

Pierre-Luc

Chevy05

Honestly Before the server change the site was fine on my computer, but since then this site has beem horrible for me to access, it seems slower, and i have cable on a new computer, and when done loading the site SCReen is all weird, so i have to refresh, im not sure what it is but.....

Turfmower

Why are you bumping a 4 year old post? and your oldest post is on 04-22-2005 and the server was changed 3+ years before that.

Last edited: