• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

New owner of 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Lockman75

Great look'n Jeep & deal, Sir.
Mine's coming along...... frustratingly . New pump motor arrives tomorrow . Everythin' better be finally good in my world after that !
Lifted with Air.jpg

Western Pump pitch.2.jpg

Rebuilt just 'bout everythin' , since this Pic................

Last edited:

WhitePlowr

is that a meyers plow with a western cable pump system? if you are doing your own driveway its ok but driveways for money. gotta get rid of that and do a full western unimount

Lockman75

is that a meyers plow with a western cable pump system? if you are doing your own driveway its ok but driveways for money. gotta get rid of that and do a full western unimount
Yep, it sure is....... got the whole shebang for mine & my family’s driveways only...... $500 & the blades a 6 footer. Just what I wanted.
Ive got 2 E60’s for free..... both are good to go

Hydromaster

PlowSite Fanatic
Why?

I have a western power unit on my old Meyer setup too.
And I plowed commercials with it for years.

WhitePlowr

usually the meyers pumps are problematic with the valves but if you have western pump then you are in better shape. I've only ever used western new and used plows using in residential and commercial and the only problem i had was an old hose blowing out because i was smashing piles lol

Lockman75

usually the meyers pumps are problematic with the valves but if you have western pump then you are in better shape. I've only ever used western new and used plows using in residential and commercial and the only problem i had was an old hose blowing out because i was smashing piles lol
LoL......so , you didn’t have any toys when you were a kid?

Lockman75

So.....Having trouble going left & right , after Power Unit rebuild . Motor runs in both positions. Rebuilding the Meyer angling rams. Left side packing was in pieces , Right side was OK, but was well past due. We shall see Tomorrow :(

Lockman75

Rebuilt both angling rams & installed new hoses & stainless fittings . I've had no Luck on the angling issue..........:angry: Everything has been cleaned , replaced , & Rebuilt to spec's . Bled & bled & bled......A little bit of air every time . Even pushed left, & right against the most hated tree on our property..... Nut'n . It's kinda gurgling on left & right control, with motor running both ways, but that's as far as I get. :wall:
Goes up & down perfectly ?