Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone new member I ran across the site here looking for some reviews on plows. I am looking to add a plow on my personal truck.

A little background I am a heavy equipment mechanic and repair maintainers and one way plows for local county, I have ran plenty of plows for different lawn care companies and few years ago wife and I moved out into the country and we have a backhoe that we can use to clear our driveway but feel bad for always having to borrow backhoe to clear driveway.

I have a 2003 f250 Crew Cab 6.0 Diesel and I have looked at most manufactures and I do not see anything listed for my application has anyone here ran across a situation like this ? I dont want to start a brand debate just want to find A brand that works with my setup.

· Registered
531 Posts
Im a meyer guy, actually had a 03 in my fleet once. Not sure if the issue is that was 15 years ago, but they are out there maybe not new... cant speak for any other brand

· Registered
14,949 Posts
You've checked westerns website, fisher, and boss?

Reactions: Dogplow Dodge

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not mind something used I would actually prefer used. In my area Western and Snow Dogg and few Boss Plows

I dont know if its because its a Crew Cab Diesel. I did upgrade front leafs to front X code springs
Some of the manufactures I did change to a reg cab and did find options.

· Registered
58,836 Posts
I had a Blizzard 8611LP on an '05 F350, about 1,000#. Didn't have any more or less front end problems than my 550s.

Put whatever you want on it.

· Registered
5,651 Posts
Oh I'm not worried at all about front end damage or anything I'm worried about not being able to find a mount or something weird like that.
If you are going to go used, look for a complete set up with the mounts you need. It may limit you on brand selection, but will keep your costs down. All of the mounts and harnesses will add up quickly and kill the benefit of a cheap plow-side only deal.

· Registered
5,651 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So does everyone here that buys new have dealer install ? Being mechanic i like to install or do everything myself. Or do any manufacturers deal directly with customers ?
I have a snow dogg dealer in town which i plan on getting quote from otherwise about 30-45 min away I have more options for dealers just want to try and get as many questions answered

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You don't have to go by Dealer spec, you have the knowledge to do the install yourself. We installed a 9' 2'' Boss Vee on Furd F-250 7.3 with no suspension issues.
Ya I'm not overly worried about suspension issues all good FE parts and heavy duty front springs I was more worried about slight frame differences that would cause mounts not to work

· Registered
4,372 Posts
I let the dealer do it this way if fry's the computer im not responsible

Reactions: Mudly
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.