Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing residential HOA sidewalks for a couple yrs. in Denver, CO. That Arctic Cyclone hit us and the drifts were 5'. There was no keeping them down, because of the wind. Question is, once the drifts build what is the best way to take them down, (off sidwalks) truck can't fit. Do people use a scoop bucket or is there something else people use? The atvs worked with full angle, then winch up, then push off. Essentially playing bulldozer, but it was very time consuming. Any ideas would be appreciated, other than don't let the drifts build.

· Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
Are you sure the truck won’t fit?
I’ve had a few sidewalks that I didn’t think the truck would fit either and amazingly it did, to at least knock it down.
A skid steer w/ a bucket or blower.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truck definitely wouldn't fit. Skidster/bobcat would've worked and I almost rented one, but didn't and played bulldozer with the atv. Has anyone used the atv buckets? Snow blowers wouldn't get through because of the height of the drifts.

· Registered
1,995 Posts
Truck definitely wouldn't fit. Skidster/bobcat would've worked and I almost rented one, but didn't and played bulldozer with the atv. Has anyone used the atv buckets? Snow blowers wouldn't get through because of the height of the drifts.
Snowblower on a skid will easily tackle a 5' drift. Just take bites of the drift, raise the blower up, go it underneath and let the drift gradually collapse, etc.

· Super Moderator
42,963 Posts
I've been doing residential HOA sidewalks for a couple yrs. in Denver, CO. That Arctic Cyclone hit us and the drifts were 5'. There was no keeping them down, because of the wind. Question is, once the drifts build what is the best way to take them down, (off sidwalks) truck can't fit. Do people use a scoop bucket or is there something else people use? The atvs worked with full angle, then winch up, then push off. Essentially playing bulldozer, but it was very time consuming. Any ideas would be appreciated, other than don't let the drifts build.
Stop playing with ATV's and get this.....
https://denver.craigslist.org/grd/d/denver-bombardier-sw48-snowplow/6820681621.html

Welcome to the site:waving:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.