New Jersey Winter 2019/20

Discussion in 'Weather' started by iceyman, Aug 27, 2019.

1. V_Scapes

V_Scapes PlowSite.com Addict

A salt run or two wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

AG09, shawn_, J.Ricci and 1 other person like this.
  2. Klaibs27

Klaibs27 Junior Member

So I'm across the river in Eastern PA but the weather forum I subscribe to just posted their winter weather outlook for the area and it looks like we're going to have a busy winter! Way above average snow totals. top analog year 2013-2014. That year, Philly, Newark, and Allentown were all over 68". Already a storm signal for next week in the Mon-Wed time frame.

shawn_ likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Veteran

No one has a clue what will happen next tuesday let alone next month

djt1029, V_Scapes, Mike_C and 2 others like this.
  4. sota

sota Senior Member

I mean, NCEP has over the past 72 hours, downgraded the amount of rain coming tonight from > 1" to now < 0.1"

5. sota

sota Senior Member

$770 for tires, mounting, balancing.

6. sota

sota Senior Member

Also the one tire shop is telling me that people are scrambling to find someone to plow their driveways, as according to him a lot of places are dropping residentials due to insurance costs.
    Also suspect that's because people are cheap bastards around here.

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

If the Tuesday storm doesn’t happen- I’ll take the blame. Too early for this crap. I’d love to keep going with cleanups

iceyman, V_Scapes and Mike_C like this.
  8. sota

sota Senior Member

That's the general sentiment I've been hearing as well.
    Rain has delayed cleanups for a lot of landscapers, and while snow would be swell for money, it would make a disaster of cleanups.

9. Mike_C

Mike_C Senior Member
    from Jersey

No snow for another month would be great...5-6 weeks would be even better

djt1029, Petr51488 and V_Scapes like this.
  10. HarryTHook

HarryTHook Member

Today, the preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) figure was -1.498. On November 6, the MJO was in Phase 5 at an amplitude of 2.537 (RMM). The November 5-adjusted amplitude was 2.637. (Quote DS1 at 33).
    The sun will come up tomorrow, my prediction

carrfamily01 and iceyman like this.
  11. sota

sota Senior Member

rattle can smell gets in the house right quick, even with the garage door open.

12. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

Just stumbled across the jersey thread for this season. Let’s hope for a better / snowier season then last year.

have an F450 with a 9’ western looking to sub out locally. Didn’t get renewed on contract that used that truck exclusively for. Ideally would like to do work in Freehold area, for right price can travel

13. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

Same here. After my man Shade gets some work if anyone has any need for a Skid Steer. Looking to stay local as well. Located in Oakhurst NJ. Would like to stay a couple miles away if possible. PM ME with proposals if needed. Thanks

14. V_Scapes

We're doing some pretty heavy cleanups currently but 90 percent of the leaves are down here so finals should be a breeze.

djt1029 and Petr51488 like this.
  15. V_Scapes

Bit of a flash freeze potential late tomorrow afternoon with temps dropping quick after rain and snow.

16. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Veteran

Depends wat falls and how fast the cold comes in.. you have a better chance than us for a salting

17. V_Scapes

Flakes are flying currently

18. Kevin_NJ

Kevin_NJ Senior Member

Light rain NJTP Exit 8A.
    Thought for sure Murphy would've had the entire state covered in brine. Haven't even seen any local, county or state DOT trucks.

19. djt1029

djt1029 Senior Member

Just rain here so far and it looks like it shut off. Cold but I don’t see anything freezing over fast enough for any work out of it which is fine, just want to finish cleanups and go intro hibernation

V_Scapes likes this.
  20. gutter21

gutter21 Member

Anyone have any hooks for shipping containers? Looking for a 20 footer.