New Jersey Winter 2019/20

Discussion in 'Weather' started by iceyman, Aug 27, 2019.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

hey guys looking for some opinions. Which mini skids do you guys like the best. which make and model. THanks

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

What are you doing with it?

Mike_C likes this.
  3. eastendpm

eastendpm Member

Ditch witch. Hands down, nothing else compares. 42CBA25E-13C4-4A45-9909-598A44BA8FA3.jpeg

4. eastendpm

eastendpm Member

5. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

DFDF10B1-43F8-4A30-A471-6EDEB1625608.jpeg

6. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

But the machine has good heat from the floor

shawn_ likes this.
  7. shawn_

shawn_ Senior Member

What brand heater is that? Or do u have a link. And what did you do? Just hard wire it up

iceyman likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

shawn_ likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

Roadpro seems to have a bunch of different models.

shawn_ likes this.
  10. UniqueTouch

estendpm - wow that thing looks like a beast. I want something that is powerful and that i can use it to tear out shrubs and to prepare ground for pavers. some small hauling of top soil to back yards before sodding. stuff like that.

shawn_ likes this.
  11. shawn_

shawn_ Senior Member

You will love the ditch witch, my buddy has one for tree work swears by it .

12. UniqueTouch

Appreciate it. I cant believe how much money they are. I was thinking bobcat mt 55 or 85 because of price but it seems most are saying ditch witch

13. UniqueTouch

Hey Icey - what is your opinion for this weekend for monmouth county? think we will be able to stack some snow? Would really like to break on my new camera and pay for my new mattress which was the price a decent used truck which is insane

shawn_ likes this.
  14. UniqueTouch

was just looking on the ditch witch site and they are offering 0 percent financing for 24 months.

iceyman and shawn_ like this.
  15. UniqueTouch

Looking at the specs on them and those in the same class and def ditch witch is very impressive. I love how it has a diesel engine. I guess that is why it is so much more powerful than the other brands.

16. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

shawn_ likes this.
  17. shawn_

shawn_ Senior Member

iceyman likes this.
  18. sota

sota Senior Member

I should get back on the idea of figuring out how to circulate coolant with the engine off, so that I can keep the cabin warm when the block heater is running.

19. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

Looking bleak for us.. driscoll cut off.. storm has slowed down and we dont precip with the overnight cold air .. maybe a couple inches but looking more like a nnj storm

shawn_ likes this.
  20. eastendpm

eastendpm Member

Any of the real deal mini skids will be equipped with a diesel. I bought mine back in March. Honestly don’t know how I did the work without it. Use it for everything. My friend has bigger machines JD333 and others and he’s now buying a ditch witch after seeing how much use I get out of mine.

I opted for the 1550 because of how capable it is. My train of thought was that it would cost more upfront, however it would save me big time on rental fees because it can do almost everything a full sized skid will do, within reason. Those cryptomeria that we installed with it were 50-60” Root Balls, and it lifted them off of the tractor trailer with relative ease. That pallet of mulch was tagged and 3450lbs and i took it out of the back of my truck with no problems!

The machine has continued to impress me and has more than enough power to tear out shrubs, and prep soil for pavers. It’s a true beast. It’s only 4” wider when compared to the smaller ditch witch models. Total overal width is 46” which means it still fits on a piece of plywood long ways. If you have work for it I wouldn’t hesitate at all. It’s basically paid itself off in a year, it’s like having an additional 2-3 employees for certain jobs!

I have personally used a MT85 and I can tell you that the 1550 is more than twice the machine. If you do pavers it’s the difference of being able to unload an entire pallet or having to break it down by hand!

If you have any additional questions, shoot me a DM i would be more than happy to answer them for ya!