New Jersey Winter 2019/20

Discussion in 'Weather' started by iceyman, Aug 27, 2019.

1. sota

sota Senior Member

I'd say we're about 1" - 1.5" right now.

also, i'm ready to push now; my replacement snow tire came in and they mounted it up. :D

2. S_Marino87

S_Marino87 Member

Slowly starting to stick when I left, wasn't enough to get the fine upstanding citizens off the street corners yet though

3. V_Scapes

V_Scapes PlowSite.com Addict

Was just watching the radar, looks like dry air is coming in from the west, big dry slot in PA. Headed out in a few to open up commercials.

4. djt1029

djt1029 Senior Member

Inch or so down so far here in east bergen county.

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Is there a website anywhere that will own up to a bad forecast during a storm? Looking at the radar it looks like this thing is winding down. Unless this thing fills in like crazy- it looks like a lot of people are going to get shafted.

truckie80 and djt1029 like this.
  6. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

Ocean township snow stopped

7. Kevin_NJ

Kevin_NJ Senior Member

Roads were getting slick on commute between Southern Middlesex to Western Monmouth Counties; had to take two detours for closures.

I had low expectations for this storm all along, so far it's not even living up to them.

treeguyry, djt1029 and UniqueTouch like this.
  8. UniqueTouch

just spoke to a family friend whos in holmdel said theres barely anything. I thought there would def be something out there but I guess not. My apologies for putting my plow on. I knew once i did that I was gonna screw ya guys lol. If it doesnt snow anymore Id like to get out tomorrow and atleast try and get 5-10 clean ups done if possible and keep hitting them hard until they are done. Then take some time and install the strobes I bought and practice my welding

9. sota

sota Senior Member

heading out after 6 it looks like.

10. djt1029

djt1029 Senior Member

Guys are coming in for 10:30

11. Kevin_NJ

Kevin_NJ Senior Member

Found out both road closures were from down poles, as expected.
    One of them was taken out by a school bus, no injuries, kids (unknown ages) will have stories to tell for years.

truckie80 likes this.
  12. UniqueTouch

school bus drivers here in Ocean Township are like nascar drivers year round. They blow by me on a side street at 40mph while we're doing lawns. Unfortunately I am always in my truck and trailer setup so I can't catch up to them to rip them out of the driver seat :)

13. UniqueTouch

Snowing again here in Ocean Township. If anyone travels through Middletown this evening if they could give a weather report would be greatly appreciated

14. truckie80

truckie80 Senior Member

Snow started again here after a long break, whole lot of nothing so far

15. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing four inches here.

16. treeguyry

treeguyry Member

Hard to tell what we have here, couple inches I'd say but mostly on non-paved.

17. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

Weird storm.. my wife left little silver at 3 pm to an all out snowstorm..
    Got to Manalapan to flurries and green grass

18. OP
    OP
    iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

Gota love taking plows off and transporting machines back to the shop while its still snowing.. 2* too warm here

19. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

I just went through the route and would say we have 6” in Little Falls / Totowa area. When I left Butler at 5:00 we had at least 8”. Got 5-1/2 hours in the seat so far. It’s a nice first storm of the season. I’m sitting in the truck at Quick Check with a fresh coffee. It’s coming down again now pretty good here in Little Falls.

20. sota

sota Senior Member

3.5" is my reading.
    nice little 4 1/4 hour run tonight.
    not a fat stack, but I'll take it as a season opener.