1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Jersey Winter 2016-2017

Discussion in 'Weather' started by J.Ricci, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

Think it's shifted east. Nothing much for us. That was the last hurrah.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Hopefully we can start spring sooner or later

kawasaki guy likes this.
  3. V_Scapes

V_Scapes PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone looking to or know of anyone selling a skid steer? Preferably bobcat, 175/185/205 size in good condition with enclosed cab??

shawn_ likes this.
  4. Mike_C

Mike_C Senior Member
    from Jersey

We finally finished moving snow early this morning. Now everything needs a good bath. Not sure yet how we'll stay busy until the snow melts, going to take some time.

I've been looking on craigslist at some machines trying to find something we can fix up, paint and sell, some guy in Mercer's selling an S175 and a 753. Might be worth checking out. I also may be looking for a buyer for my 873, there's a guy coming Monday to check it out who seems like he'll take it but if it falls through I'll let you know. Great machine, I just need a CTL more

5. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

Washed my dump trucks this morning and threw a quick coat of wax on, filled up the cans and got them ready for the guys to roll out on cleanups in the morning.

Mike_C likes this.
  6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

We are not even getting rain here, anyone else getting snow?

Doing mulch and more cleanups next week.

7. V_Scapes

I did see those two. The 175 is super clean
    .Decent price too.

8. djt1029

djt1029 Senior Member

Wish we were doing the same, we're probably a good 2 weeks away with all the snow on the ground here.

9. Randall Ave

I'm washing everything I have right now. But there's still 10 inches of snow on the ground. And it might get cold again towards the end of the week.

10. Mike_C

Mike_C Senior Member
    from Jersey

Couple weeks out on spring work here too, have maybe 2 days of odd jobs to keep busy until then but it's going to be a slow end of the month. See a couple chances at some salt runs later this week at least

Are you still detailing on the side? If so maybe you want to do my truck late this week, I'll be down for a long weekend and your works better than my detail guy. Shoot me a text if you're interested, if not no worries.

11. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Have a few tons (maybe 5?) of salt on a site in Ocean County, anyone want it? We can load it.

shawn_ likes this.
  12. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

I'm still doing the same maybe 2 cars/trucks a month. My buddy's bringing one of his triaxle's over for me to do tomorrow, and Monday my new rolloff is coming in so I'll be busy with that getting the boxes and everything on it so it's ready to roll, but in between I can get it done for you no problem. I'll text you later on

13. V_Scapes

Starting spring work in April usually makes for a crazy crazy spring. Not looking forward to it.

J.Ricci and iceyman like this.
  14. S_Marino87

S_Marino87 Junior Member

Glad I don't have to deal with the mad rush you landscape guys will be dealing with when this is all melted. Wednesday we're replacing a small window with a bay window, it's supposed to be around 33 degrees which is typical of my luck especially since we're inside today and tomorrow.

15. J.Ricci

J.Ricci Senior Member

5 cleanups in the books today. Real happy we're not getting pushed back like you guys up north with them, hate rushing to finish cleanups.

16. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Where in Ocean County

17. djt1029

djt1029 Senior Member

Still a lot of snow on the ground here, doubt we'll get a single cleanup done in March this year. Might take a long weekend away this week since nothing else is going on

shawn_ likes this.
  18. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

TR Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

19. Randall Ave

It's melting, still got 6 inches in the back yard. Most should be gone by the weekend. Then we can put them away, again.

iceyman and shawn_ like this.
  20. V_Scapes

Melting quick here too but the ground is super muddy and soft. Washed a truck,plow and salter today and put everything away again. Hopefully it's the last time, looking forward to putting the same truck in a parade this weekend.