New Jersey Winter 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

prezek

Stay safe…I thought we’d get washed out down here. Ended up able to work until 2:30. A few scattered downpours this morning…curious to see rain totals from the last few hours. Just about done. Last totals I saw were over 6”. Absolutely nuts how hard it was coming down. Hoping the morning isn’t a mess. Winds should help a little.

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
1271990f0d019438f692650a04a9a80d805ac793-1.jpg

Water in my basement.
same place it came in last time, when the wall blew out.
guess enough rain came down that it was able to work it's way through/past the hydraulic cement plug.
looks like i'm doing some exterior excavation this year, to get behind that bad block and patch it up better.
luckily I have that vinyl tile floor. all the pieces came up easy, and the only thing lost is some padding.

basement_live_1630551069508.jpg

Basement cam, to watch the leaky spot, while i'm in bed and randomly feel like it.

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
we got people in town who have inches of water in their houses.
I can honestly say, I got lucky. I'll need a roll of felt padding, and a couple hours to put it and the vinyl tiles back down.

Mike_C

PlowSite.com Addict
I guess this is good practice for winter, we've got some emergency calls that came in, calling a few crews in at almost midnight is always fun.

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
i'm hearing 78 is a parking lot.
parts of the GSP are closed.
bound brook is being evac'ed.

it's certainly interesting out there today.

there's a random car in my driveway. pair of teens got trapped by flooded roads. told 'em they could shelter here. think she said her dad was coming to get them in a "big truck"; a jeep showed up sometime around 10pm.

Mike_C

PlowSite.com Addict
We lucked out, roads are a mess but no damage at any of my properties. Accounts on the other hand that's a different story, a lot of work to be done.

About a foot of water through the front half of my parking area at my yard, 2-3 feet in the very front of the property on the left side. There's a swale on that side so we get some ponding but this is worse than ever

Road into my yard this AM
Either of you have any damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums