New Jersey Winter 20/21

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
Decided I'd work on the Jeep today, and figure out why the driver rear caliper is hanging up bad (stinky and smoky and hot as *beep*)
Answer was obvious (smoking gun :snicker: ) upon inspection: one of the slide pins was seized. Got all corroded.
No biggie, call up napa, they have 2 kits in stock, let's buy both in case the passenger side is suspect as well.
Here's my "cluster"... I didn't pull the passenger side apart FIRST.
Got the kits, reassembled the driver's side, all good.
Pulled the passenger side apart; sure enough one of the pins is sticking. BUT... it's because the boot has a MASSIVE CHUNK missing!
*sigh* call napa again... can't get the boot kit ($8.99), but can get the hardware kit ($12.49) after 1PM today.
so i'm sitting with the jeep on the jack outside, waiting for the parts.
Debating if I should pull the driver's side apart again, and put the fresh boots in, along with the rest of the hardware in the kit (clips, sliders, etc.)
Answer really is... yes dummy.

AllAboutGreen

I tried to beat the rain today and im losing.... I have my crew sitting at a site in Elizabth bc I would rather eat the 3 hours till it rains then lose 5 hours round trip later in the week.....

MGLC

Anyone from Maplewood deal with this yet? Thats crazy.
Occasionally I'll do a planting or hardscape job in Maplewood but I avoid it for the most part. When you register for the town landscaper permit there now they want the serial number of your leaf blowers

djt1029

For you guys without a yard, is it that hard now to find places to park, I swear once a week I have guys coming in looking to rent space.
It's a nightmare in a lot of places. At least once a week someone stops by my yard to see if anyone has space for them to fit a couple trucks or whatever they have

OP
iceyman

iceyman

PlowSite Fanatic
For you guys without a yard, is it that hard now to find places to park, I swear once a week I have guys coming in looking to rent space.
Getting harder and more expensive by the day.. i have 10 acres i cant use because my town is busting my balls for the last 3 years

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
Occasionally I'll do a planting or hardscape job in Maplewood but I avoid it for the most part. When you register for the town landscaper permit there now they want the serial number of your leaf blowers
Off of Rt 78? Was there today across from the Starbucks fixen a Coca Cola trailer. Not much room there, and I could feel the Liberalism. Ugh.

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
It's a nightmare in a lot of places. At least once a week someone stops by my yard to see if anyone has space for them to fit a couple trucks or whatever they have

I've been working on a couple deals that hopefully will pan out, eventually. Namely procuring property to rent space to landscapers and others that need storage.
One item I've been missing is, semi-concrete numbers as to what people are willing to pay for space. If anyone wouldn't mind PMing me with some data I'd appreciate it.

MGLC

Wtf!?! Why? What does the serial numbers have to do with not being able to use them? Are they using the serial numbers to track theft....lol??

I have no idea what the logic is. I'll do a job or two there every few years so I don't bother with any of that garbage. I tack an extra $500 onto my estimates there, that'll cover the fine if they bust my balls. I follow the rules as long as they're not completely asinine

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
300.00 a truck is what I have heard. But you better check town zoning before you jump the shark.
Yea i know zoning will be a ***** in some areas, but first it's to find property that's viable to begin with.
What about trailers? do they just count that as another "truck"?

treeguyry

I actually had no idea leaf blowers were illegal in Maplewood....I have a job there next week. Oh well, maybe I'll just skip the clean up part of the job like 95% of other tree guys

Yea i know zoning will be a ***** in some areas, but first it's to find property that's viable to begin with.
What about trailers? do they just count that as another "truck"?

300 is a truck and trailer together around here from what I hear

Top Forums