New Jersey Winter 20/21

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
I was going to write:
how much actual contact does he have with other people?
short of scheduled breaks I'd think very little to nearly none.

Tony_D

Today my guy shot a rock through a customers storm door. We cleaned it all up and I called her and left a message letting her know what happened, apologized and told that I would obviously pay for it etc. She called me back a little later flipping out about it and told me she was going to hire someone else for the lawn and she'd let me know how much the door was when it was done. I'm not sure what else I could have done. Sorry just a rant.

OP
iceyman

iceyman

PlowSite Fanatic
Today my guy shot a rock through a customers storm door. We cleaned it all up and I called her and left a message letting her know what happened, apologized and told that I would obviously pay for it etc. She called me back a little later flipping out about it and told me she was going to hire someone else for the lawn and she'd let me know how much the door was when it was done. I'm not sure what else I could have done. Sorry just a rant.
People suck

AG09

Things happen. Dont sweat it. If she is that much of a b!tch you are btter off without her. Just pay the bill and move on. And if she tries to bilk you get your insurance involved, but if not pay out of pocket. Also, explain to your employee that when weed wacking do not go towards the windows/doors, always weed wack going away from them.

prezek

Sucks, but like others said, don’t sweat it...we tend to break 6-8 per year!

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
Was just thinking, if a rock got shot through my front door, i'd be pretty upset. Mostly because it's a semi-custom double opening side light plus over-sized door, that was a royal pain in the ass to install. And it was over $5000, just for the door. Never mind the labor to install it, then have the manufacturer send out a team to uninstall it, correct their build mistakes, and reinstall it. That'd be a tough pill for anyone to swallow.

But a storm door? that would be what, 2 bills at most?

OP
iceyman

iceyman

PlowSite Fanatic
Was just thinking, if a rock got shot through my front door, i'd be pretty upset. Mostly because it's a semi-custom double opening side light plus over-sized door, that was a royal pain in the ass to install. And it was over $5000, just for the door. Never mind the labor to install it, then have the manufacturer send out a team to uninstall it, correct their build mistakes, and reinstall it. That'd be a tough pill for anyone to swallow.

But a storm door? that would be what, 2 bills at most?
Yea if i had my grandmothers ashes spread inside the glass i would be pretty bummed.. but its a freaking storm door

sota

PlowSite.com Addict
@Mike_C aye.
We had a cleaning service in one time, and one of the gals accidentally broke the cup in the bathroom. Wouldn't have been a big deal if she'd just told us... it was like a cheap $2 cup. But she just swept the pieces into the garbage, and they took the garbage with them. We were like "where's the cup?" that night. We called the cleaning service, asking about it. When confronted the girl admitted it happened, and got fired over it... not for breaking the cup, but for not telling anyone when it happened.

I keep reminding my kid **** happens, just man up and admit it when it does. MOST people are less likely to get (royally) pissed off if you do.

I ran into the back of a classic car on my bicycle one time. Destroyed the tail light housing, and smashed my thumb nail. My dad and I went over to the owner, and I offered to pay for the part, because it was my fault I wasn't paying attention while riding. I was 6.