Snow Plowing Forum banner
3661 - 3680 of 3702 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
What's not to like about the windstorm?
like the others said- and for me it’s really the power. It has the largest engine out of the 3 and it has efi- you’d think it would be about even. Not even close. Ferris and billygoat are rated at 7500cfm where the windstorm is 6000. That’s a big difference. You have shaft driven on the other two vs clutch and belts on the windstorm. Definitely lose some power because of that. Yes the directional chute is nice and a clutch for the blower not to run all the time while it’s on- but when you buy one of these you buy it to move a ton of leaves. The windstorm will move them- but the other two will throw them across town. I do like the spring floor that you stand on though. It absorbs a lot of shock. The others are ridged i believe. That said- I’m most likely going to sell mine and get the hurricane.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My dealer tried to sell me on the windstorm when I bought my first Ferris, CFM was the only reason I didn't go that way and I have no regrets, whenever I see people running windstorms it doesn't seem like it's even close to as powerful

·
Registered
317 Posts
A pair of final walk throughs tomorrow, one being an 11.5 month project. Thanksgiving's right on time this year
Almost time for hardscape 3.0

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,666 ·
So i had to reinstall the plow in put together for my dads new truck(his got hit by another plow truck last feb 1-2 storm and totalled out).. believe its a old western with a joystick control. I can get it to go up and down but left and right blows fuse right away.. any ideas.. 3 wires coming from those little cylinder guys on pump block with the seperate + and - hookup

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I mean the most obvious is, check the harness for damage and the connectors for frayed/loose wiring. popping the fuse means something's grounded out. if you can split the system at a connector, try metering the wiring and look for a short.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,669 ·
Damaged harness is my best guess. You could get a circuit diagram and test from the controller plug out. Ohm meter, or a fused hot lead and see what wire is Damaged. Why aren't you closer? I probably have a new harness in stocks,
Can i just run my own wire in the plastic insulation and just butt end connect them right before controller? Its not much of a harness.. 5 wires coming out of controller with 3 going to plow.. one power and one ground i believe

·
Registered
356 Posts
Why are people on marketplace such scum bags? They don’t respond, take days to respond or ghost you.
People in general get more scummy every year it seems... my wife and I have (among other things lol) a Christmas tree farm in Warren County- you would think people coming to a cut your own farm would be relatively wholesome, honest folks... the number of people we have had write us bad checks, steal other people's already tagged trees, leave beer bottles and other crap around the rows of trees I have to clean up... its sad to see society slowly become more and more scummy every year...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Society in general is devolving. I'm sure some historian or Piled high and Deep certificated dude can show such ebbs and flows historically, but we're definitely trending downward in terms of how society acts and interacts. Is it any wonder I want a buttload of land in the middle of nowhere so i can be left alone?

·
PlowSite.com Veteran
923 Posts
A buttload of land in the middle of nowhere so I. Can be left alone doesn't exist. If you build it, they will come. Nothing like a knock on the door at 3 am and they ask where are they. When you tell them where they are they proceed to argue with you about it. Let the dogs out to show them the way back. Funny thing is when they finally reach cell phone coverage they call 911 to report being attacked by dogs but can't describe where they are located.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
A buttload of land in the middle of nowhere so I. Can be left alone doesn't exist. If you build it, they will come. Nothing like a knock on the door at 3 am and they ask where are they. When you tell them where they are they proceed to argue with you about it. Let the dogs out to show them the way back. Funny thing is when they finally reach cell phone coverage they call 911 to report being attacked by dogs but can't describe where they are located.
Sounds like a lovely neighborhood.

3661 - 3680 of 3702 Posts