Snow Plowing Forum banner
3301 - 3320 of 3360 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
today was brutal.
i'm not normally one to be affected by the heat but...
5 minutes working, 10 minutes sitting the shade with a big fan blowing hard on me, guzzling cold water.
lather, rinse, repeat, for about 2 hours.
i'm guessing the air quality reports were accurate for today, as they said it SUCKED.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
We wrapped up at 1 today which I never ever do.

Reactions: S_Marino87

·
Registered
599 Posts
I usually spend from the morning to around noon in the field and do some running around/office work in the afternoons but today I was in the pool by 12:30

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have you beat, I haven't actually been on the beach in over a year
Dont you have a house down there how do you not go to the beach

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
We used to go to Wildwood Crest, a little more family friendly down there. Have not been there in years since the kid got older, but even then, the hotels were really getting run down.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'll be down the shore this weekend & can't wait I might be the only one on here who doesn't want the rain this afternoon cause the faster I can get my route down this week the faster I can go

·
Registered
599 Posts
Anyone have an idea why my dump trailer won't lift a heavy load anymore. The hoist motor runs, fluid level is good, I purged the fluid to make sure it wasn't air or junk in the lines, still no difference, battery is fine, connections are good. I spent most of Friday afternoon messing around with it, then today I picked up 3 yards of topsoil and my guys have to shovel half the load out

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
Anyone have an idea why my dump trailer won't lift a heavy load anymore. The hoist motor runs, fluid level is good, I purged the fluid to make sure it wasn't air or junk in the lines, still no difference, battery is fine, connections are good. I spent most of Friday afternoon messing around with it, then today I picked up 3 yards of topsoil and my guys have to shovel half the load out
Blow by in the inner seal?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Blow by in the inner seal?
There was no visible fluid around the seal when I checked on Friday. Maybe after today's attempt there will be I'll check it again in the morning

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
There was no visible fluid around the seal when I checked on Friday. Maybe after today's attempt there will be I'll check it again in the morning
I was referring to the inner piston seal/orings which is not visible.
You should be able to put a pressure gauge on the cylinder to see if you have blow by, kind of like checking compression in a motor.

3301 - 3320 of 3360 Posts