Snow Plowing Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3234 Posts
2,693 Posts
This would be for maintenance, but hopefully get me in for snow too. According to the guy I met with it's 100 uncovered parking spots plus drive lanes, and theres a small area underneath the one building that's only about 20 additional spots plus the beds. They want a weekly price on weedwhacking any areas around the perimeter where weeds might grow, blowing the lot clean and maintaining the beds, then monthly trimming the shrubs. I think I'm good on pricing the beds I just don't know how long the rest will take
Try posting a Google earth pic of the property and some of the jersey guys can help out.

·
Registered
585 Posts
This would be for maintenance, but hopefully get me in for snow too. According to the guy I met with it's 100 uncovered parking spots plus drive lanes, and theres a small area underneath the one building that's only about 20 additional spots plus the beds. They want a weekly price on weedwhacking any areas around the perimeter where weeds might grow, blowing the lot clean and maintaining the beds, then monthly trimming the shrubs. I think I'm good on pricing the beds I just don't know how long the rest will take
How much time are you going to have to spend on weeds? That's the biggest variable. The beds are what they area, and it only takes so long to blow a lot clean with a guy on a push blower and another on a backpack but the cracks/curb lines can add up

Reactions: Tony_D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just spray it, if you don't have the license sub contract spraying it a couple times a year. Even if you eat the cost of that you'll more than make up for it by not having to whip cracks in the pavement every week

·
Registered
585 Posts
Anyone finding 6ft skip laurel?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Did you try Riverside?

Reactions: MGLC

·
Registered
585 Posts
Did you try Riverside?
They did have some 5-6's but not enough, and they were on the stingy side height-wise.

How many do you need?
Only around a dozen, it's just for around the back edge of the pool where green giants won't fit. I spoke with the customer today they're fine with 4-5's if need be, those I know I can get

·
Registered
332 Posts
They did have some 5-6's but not enough, and they were on the stingy side height-wise.

Only around a dozen, it's just for around the back edge of the pool where green giants won't fit. I spoke with the customer today they're fine with 4-5's if need be, those I know I can get
I have a trailer load coming the first week of July from the west coast, I should have some extra on there (maybe not 12 but at least 8 or 10) but I don't know what your timeline is

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the advice as usual, heard from the manager and got that commercial account I asked about. Also had a customer come out while we were cutting the grass today with a deposit for the planting job I gave them an estimate on a week or two ago that was a nice surprise. I was just starting to get discouraged cause things have been a little slow

·
Registered
430 Posts
I appreciate it, we're just going to do the 4-5ft's, started today
That reminds me I a customer ask me the other day what the difference between 4ft and 5ft stair treads is...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Secretly wishing this rain would pick up so we can go home alittle early.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Anyone ever experience a seepage pit filling up after a rainfall and not leeching out due to the ground being all clay?

I was thinking out drilling a 4" hole in the side of the tank and having that drain into a sump pump pit and then pumping that out to a field in the back of the house. I am just not sure if I am going about this the right way or if there is a better way.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Anyone ever experience a seepage pit filling up after a rainfall and not leeching out due to the ground being all clay?

I was thinking out drilling a 4" hole in the side of the tank and having that drain into a sump pump pit and then pumping that out to a field in the back of the house. I am just not sure if I am going about this the right way or if there is a better way.
How big of a pit is it? If there's an area you can pump into like that, it's not a bad way to go and way cheaper than adding additional tanks/aggregate

·
Registered
494 Posts
How big of a pit is it? If there's an area you can pump into like that, it's not a bad way to go and way cheaper than adding additional tanks/aggregate
370 gallons, but the soil is all clay so it doesnt percolate and drain out. The yard is super small 40x40 with a pool and patio taking up most of it so adding a 2nd drywell is out of the question.

3201 - 3220 of 3234 Posts