Snow Plowing Forum banner
3161 - 3180 of 3234 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Heavy into trimming here in PA. Burning bushes and barberry are out of control. Most of ours are 2x per year. I have one that gets 3-6, depending on the shrubs on the property.

Reactions: Tony_D

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just do once a year, but I have a couple who want a little touch up later in the year. Do people complain about it being 2-3x?

·
Registered
594 Posts
It depends on what the client wants pretty much and how well you can sell it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just do once a year, but I have a couple who want a little touch up later in the year. Do people complain about it being 2-3x?
All my clients know what they're getting, at least 2x a year the property gets a full pruning, and anything that gets out of control in between the guys will touch up when they see fit while there for the weekly maintenance.

·
Registered
585 Posts
All my clients know what they're getting, at least 2x a year the property gets a full pruning, and anything that gets out of control in between the guys will touch up when they see fit while there for the weekly maintenance.
Just curious, with the level you're providing with flowers and everything for everyone, how many properties do you maintain and how many guys are maintaining them?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just curious, with the level you're providing with flowers and everything for everyone, how many properties do you maintain and how many guys are maintaining them?
My maintenance division's made up of 15 guys broken up into 5 crews (4 maintenance crews, one plant health care crew) maintaining just over 200 accounts, 90% + of which are residential

·
Registered
585 Posts
My maintenance division's made up of 15 guys broken up into 5 crews (4 maintenance crews, one plant health care crew) maintaining just over 200 accounts, 90% + of which are residential
Not to be like @Tony_D with the questions, but what's your maintenance package entail?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not to be like @Tony_D with the questions, but what's your maintenance package entail?
Maintenance package:
Spring cleanup
Weekly maintenance (including the beds every week)
Turf care program + aeration
Shrub / plant care program
Fall cleanups
Mid winter clean up (weather permitting)
Shrub pruning
Mulch
Seasonal flowers (2 changes minimum, most get 3)

Around 75% of my clients also have us do fall and winter displays.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Maintenance package:
Spring cleanup
Fall cleanups
Shrub pruning
Mulch

Those houses must always be the best on the block! How many guys do you have on construction? I have to keep my title as the pain in the ass with all the questions haha

·
Registered
338 Posts
Maintenance package:
Spring cleanup
Fall cleanups
Shrub pruning
Mulch

Do you do their snow? I would think people who are paying for that level of landscape service would be a pretty good snow route even if it is mostly residential

·
Registered
430 Posts
Jumping in on your guys turf, started a little block retaining wall today part of a deck project. I give you guys credit, back breaking work

·
Registered
332 Posts
Those houses must always be the best on the block! How many guys do you have on construction? I have to keep my title as the pain in the ass with all the questions haha
14 guys on installs/construction

Do you do their snow? I would think people who are paying for that level of landscape service would be a pretty good snow route even if it is mostly residential
Over the years I've moved away from the bigger commercial properties for snow, now we handle the snow plowing for all my commercial maintenance clients, and a little over half my residential maintenance clients.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This layout changed a lot on here holy Christmas, it’s confusing for an old guy like me. Hope everyone’s doing well. It’s been a hectic few months of wheeling and dealing, but as of yesterday afternoon the sale is official and I’m done. Two years under contract as a consultant and then I can retire fully. It all started out when a developer made me an offer on my shop/yard, and things fell into place after that

·
Registered
430 Posts
This layout changed a lot on here holy Christmas, it’s confusing for an old guy like me. Hope everyone’s doing well. It’s been a hectic few months of wheeling and dealing, but as of yesterday afternoon the sale is official and I’m done. Two years under contract as a consultant and then I can retire fully. It all started out when a developer made me an offer on my shop/yard, and things fell into place after that
Congratulations! Well deserved. We all thought you just couldn’t navigate the site anymore since the upgrades lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congratulations on pseudo-retirement! I'm assuming you're out of snow removal now? If so, enjoy a winter where you don't have to put an asterisk next to every plan you make

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Good for you man!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I'm glad we got your backyard done before you were unemployed, I'm not above breaking a geriatric's kneecaps

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks fellas!

Congratulations on pseudo-retirement! I'm assuming you're out of snow removal now? If so, enjoy a winter where you don't have to put an asterisk next to every plan you make
At the very least I’m done managing snow work, the company I sold to does have some road plowing contracts and I still have my CDL, so I might be out there once in a while but not every storm and I won’t be the one making the calls

I'm glad we got your backyard done before you were unemployed, I'm not above breaking a geriatric's kneecaps
Perfect timing to spend most of the summer down south this year

3161 - 3180 of 3234 Posts