Snow Plowing Forum banner
3061 - 3080 of 3140 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I need to get my hive installed, and a colony established.
And I already do a no mow policy for a lot of the time.
Spring I let it get tall to get strong.
Summer I let it get tall to keep the moisture in the lawn.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm waiting one more week, alot of my places aren't quite ready yet.
I'm doing the same, did mulch yesterday and Monday, got a nice front yard planting we're doing today & tomorrow. I underestimated how much time I'd spend in the truck getting all the material today

·
Registered
55 Posts
We do a lot of work in the Princeton area. The two schools we mow have asked us not to mow the back sections of the properties (about an acre each), and one townhouse association we maintain ask not to mow one of the common area, (about 1.5 acres). The brush hog is all set up to knock down these fields by June 1!!!! Crazy! Talking about Princeton ... I better go out and charge up the batteries for the new back pack blowers we recently purchased . May 15 is the date that gas back pack blowers are no longer allowed until the fall !!! Just crushing the working class!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
We do a lot of work in the Princeton area. The two schools we mow have asked us not to mow the back sections of the properties (about an acre each), and one townhouse association we maintain ask not to mow one of the common area, (about 1.5 acres). The brush hog is all set up to knock down these fields by June 1!!!! Crazy! Talking about Princeton ... I better go out and charge up the batteries for the new back pack blowers we recently purchased . May 15 is the date that gas back pack blowers are no longer allowed until the fall !!! Just crushing the working class!
That's craziness.

·
Registered
15,154 Posts
Fuel prices, station by me went back up to 5.49 a gallon, but. Just went past the truck station on RT46, top of KingTown Mt. Fuel is $6.39 a gallon.
The station at the old Netcong circle was $6.29 a gallon.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Fuel prices, station by me went back up to 5.49 a gallon, but. Just went past the truck station on RT46, top of KingTown Mt. Fuel is $6.39 a gallon.
I think that's because of the guys who are the kleptocracies

·
Registered
34,295 Posts
Supposedly there's a diesel shortage.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Drizzling to start off the first day of cuts. This will be fun

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Saw the forecast for this week and got our commercials cut on Saturday to at least make the first week of mowing alittle easier.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I, or rather the kid, has yet to cut our lawn.

Also been a bit too busy working on something...

2004 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2.7L v6 5speed stick shift 198k miles. :D
We, and I do mean we as he's been doing most of the work under my tutellage, just finished putting a new clutch in it. Lots of work to still do, but it's running and driving again.

Actual image of me firing the parts cannon at this thing...

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
I, or rather the kid, has yet to cut our lawn.

Also been a bit too busy working on something...

2004 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2.7L v6 5speed stick shift 198k miles. :D
We, and I do mean we as he's been doing most of the work under my tutellage, just finished putting a new clutch in it. Lots of work to still do, but it's running and driving again.

Actual image of me firing the parts cannon at this thing...

Awesome that the car sparked the interest, and that he is willing to wrench. Good job Dad.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I made him a deal:
He puts in a TON of sweat equity, and when he turns 17 in 2.5 years he gets to drive it as his car. All cover the cost of parts, insurance, fees, etc. He has to cover gas. The only caveat is, when he wants something else, he has to give it back... I bought it for ME! :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know it’s probably just me but it seems a lot slower this year than last I was lucky last year getting jobs my buddy was too busy to take on, he’s still really busy but seems like he can keep up so I’m not getting anything that way either

2,596 Posts
I know it’s probably just me but it seems a lot slower this year than last I was lucky last year getting jobs my buddy was too busy to take on, he’s still really busy but seems like he can keep up so I’m not getting anything that way either
Don't sweat it, if things start to slow down its a good thing if you're small (and young). Same thing happened to me when I started out in 2006.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Is it just me? Or are people really starting to tighten up their purses? I must have lost 25 accounts this year. I usually use some every spring but this year is as bad as when Covid hit. And it’s almost everyone either doing it themselves, their kids, or found some guy at a stupid low price.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Don't sweat it, if things start to slow down its a good thing if you're small (and young). Same thing happened to me when I started out in 2006.
True. We finished cuts today so there's no pressure to get anything else done with the rain coming in, I know that everyone else on here has a lot more pressure on them to get stuff done on weeks like this. We might do a mulch job if it's light enough rain early tomorrow otherwise 3 day weekend

3061 - 3080 of 3140 Posts