Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

· Registered
1,206 Posts
Any of you guys use the H2B program? If so, can you recommend a company/lawyer for the process? There is so much BS on the internet, that it makes it tough trying to find a legit and credible company/lawyer to complete the paperwork to start the process.
I'll ask my attorney if he has a referral, he handles it for me but it's not something he usually does. For the most part I've had pretty good luck with the program

· Registered
1,206 Posts
Thank you. I appreciate it.

I hear good and bad things about the program. I know its not required but do you provide them with housing? I have heard some guys do and some dont. Are you fortunate enough to get the same guys back year after year?
I do provide housing in a building I own and just deduct the rent. As long as you help them find somewhere you won't have any issues. I almost always get them back, the only real problem I ever had was one guy that just went MIA. Never heard from him again, neither did any of the other guys, the police or homeland security

· Registered
1,206 Posts
My days with NPD are numbered, got an official notice today that I'll be in violation of the city employee "mandate" October 15. My rep says that the date means nothing and he doesn't think it will be anytime this month, but still not a good sign

Funny part is my buddy got the shot a month ago solely to keep his job, then tested positive a few weeks later and he's been sick since but lets fire a bunch of healthy guys and let the city go even deeper down the garbage chute

What a waste. Full time construction again, here I come
What a disgrace, in what was once a free country.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
Also I been looking into the snowrator or the orec snow rhino…..

does anyone have any experience with either? I know the snowrator is a very solid machine with a bunch of add ons available . The rhino don't have any attachment options but the base price alone is a significant savings

Any input would be wonderful
Not being able to salt with it ruins it in my opinion. Snowrator would be the way to go, or the SSV. My guys are about a 50/50 split on which they like better

· Registered
1,206 Posts
No testing option if you work for the city of Newark thanks to the mayor, and I'm not playing the religious exemption bull **** and legitimizing any of this.
I could use another carpentry foreman - a lot of prevailing wage work. I know you have your construction businesses but I'm just throwing it out there

· Registered
1,206 Posts
How many carpentry crews do you have? I appreciate it and I'll keep it in mind. I like being my own boss in construction but some days I consider it. Usually when chasing money
One dedicated carpentry crew, then a few of my hardscape crews have guys with carpentry experience and can jump on when need be. More and more of the big commercial/government projects are tying in a lot of wood & Trex elements. A second crew will be on the road in the spring. The offer stands, but I completely get it, being your own boss is priceless.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
I appreciate it. What's the scale like on the big jobs? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little intrigued by the chance to be on large scale projects. If you ever need a foreman for any work that needs to be done at night, let me know. I've become pretty use to working one job at night and doing my own work during the day
Rooftop gardens, seven figure commercial installs, all the way down to decks and pool houses on residential projects. You'll have a very hard time finding a more varied portfolio of work. We do a fair amount of night work, but very little of it is carpentry. DM me though and we'll talk, no pressure at all

· Registered
1,206 Posts
Ironically, this will barely affect me.
I will make it a point to periodically go out and visit restaurants to have them turn me away, to let them know "you're losing business."

I'd also expect a massive uptick in fake "passports" to appear.
They're already around, I would bet at least 1/4 of people going to concerts/games where they're required are using fake ones

· Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm on what might be my last tour, not scheduled to work again until Monday morning which is after the deadline. My chauffer along with my irons & roof man tonight are all unvaccinated. Response time will be doubled at best, up here in Harlem probably tripled. More blood on the democrats hands
It's horrible what the city is doing to you guys. The news said 35% of the FDNY is still unvaccinated, I can't even imagine the ripple effect throughout the city losing a third of the firefighters overnight

· Registered
1,206 Posts
And our scumbag commissioner, who sure did a good job of hiding on 9/11 but now loves showing his face on TV, says manpower shortages over the weekend were because of "bogus sick days" now he's running his ******* mouth flat out lying and saying 18 companies are out of service - half the companies just in my immediate area are running short staffed.

I was scheduled to work today, I came to work along with 2 other unvaccinated members, we're working. The night tour is being held throughout the city because of manpower issues. There's a very good chance this is my last tour, and I don't know what time I'll be relieved, but we'll see
I heard him on the news Saturday about the sick days, I guess he's just another politician

1 - 20 of 205 Posts