Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 431 Posts

· Registered
3,030 Posts

· Registered
3,030 Posts
We had some good rain and crazy lightening.
Now the job I'm on is an absolute sippy hole and we have 38 Norway's coming Monday.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Everyone went home around 1230, now the sun's peaking out, never fails.

Reactions: Mark Oomkes

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Super excited for this winter, I bought a snowmobile and I'm taking as many long weekends as possible
What'd you get and where you riding?

· Registered
3,030 Posts
It's an older Yamaha RX1 nothing special but I bought 3 trucks this year so I needed to keep the cost down. I really don't know where I'm going to ride honestly, or who I'm riding with. Years ago I went all the time with the guys I worked with but they're all old married and boring now
Meet you in Old Forge.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
If it doesn't pick up, I'm coming for hardscape 102...or 201 whatever the hell the second level of a class is

Yeah I bought a 14HP billy goat last fall, couldn't deal with barrels anymore. My area doesn't get anywhere near as many leaves as a lot of you guys do but still enough that I think I should have a pretty busy fall
When I was younger and in your position I was a maniac with my vacuum for a couple of years. I sucked up piles for almost every landscaper in town plus my own plus anyone that called. There's alot of money to be made but it's tough work if it's not dry. You gotta be creative.

Reactions: Tony_D

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Tried to see it Friday night but me and the girl didn't make it out of dinner fast enough. Maybe this week.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
It's really funny and sad at the same time that the other side is basically silent. With the exception of get vaccinated or lose your job. Nothing else is said. Where are all them Biden ( oops shouldn't have said his name) supporters now? Suppression at its finest. How can everyone let this go on? We're only 9 months into this hell hole.
Not sure how we're going to survive the next three years.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
I know its probably a little late, but is anyone looking to do a senior community. One of my former co-workers called me yesterday and told me that their plow company just backed out last minute. I am working on getting the bid specs if anyone is interested.
Whiting Village consists of 1048 free standing individual homes .

There are 5.7 miles of road, 171 homes on the north side, 877 homes on the south side, 168 fingers streets, 29 fingers on the north side and 139 fingers on the south side, 8 cul-de-sacs.
@Mike_C need another headache?

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Leaf drop sure is slow this year. Last October we started cleanups on the 24th. That won't be the case this year.

Reactions: Randall Ave

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Just had a customer state she thinks we should be cleaning up leaves every time we're there...leaves aren't even turning color much less dropping.
Where are you from?

· Registered
3,030 Posts
They'll all drop in a 5 day window then everyone will ***** that our schedule is thrown off
I'd rather they all drop quick then we can hammer down. Next week will be our last week of scheduled maintenance.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Usually the leaf boxes would have gone on this past weekend but there's no point yet. Next week looks pretty seasonal so maybe we can get the ball rolling
My stuff is still packed away too but if I find time tomorrow afternoon I want to pull the vac out for service.

Btw I have a leaf box setup for a 9' mason dump if anyone needs.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Tall fescue? or is it rye or something. I probably won't need any more seed this year anyway but I thought about buying a few bags for next year since my supplier said they're expecting it to go up even more
You really don't want to store seed for too long.

1 - 20 of 431 Posts