New Jeep 4xe

theplowmeister

2000 Club Member
the frame on my 2000 TJ rotted out. I went to the junk yard and found a low mileage Jeep JT from Kentucky, It came in the day before The frame was perfext nat a bit of rust on it I checked the rest of the Jeep was cosmetically in pristine shape. EXCEPT the rear diff was ground down to the ring gear and no rear axles. They had flat towed behind a motor home and left it in low range. the front diff spider gears were busted as well as the engine. Not till I got the it home did I find out that the tranny was also trash. Dont know about the transfer case to scared to check it ou.

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
the frame on my 2000 TJ rotted out. I went to the junk yard and found a low mileage Jeep JT from Kentucky, It came in the day before The frame was perfext nat a bit of rust on it I checked the rest of the Jeep was cosmetically in pristine shape. EXCEPT the rear diff was ground down to the ring gear and no rear axles. They had flat towed behind a motor home and left it in low range. the front diff spider gears were busted as well as the engine. Not till I got the it home did I find out that the tranny was also trash. Dont know about the transfer case to scared to check it ou.
Just look at it as a challenge job.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
Had a friend that use to flat tow his CJ-7 which had a auto trans. He put a full floater kit from Summers Brothers with hubs in his AMC 20 diff. Worked very good.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
Doesn't the whole "hybrid" thing mean that it still runs on, you know, gas if necessary? Even on a plug in?
Considering people follow the Googler maps into the desert or unmaintained roads in the winter....... Jeep is trying to help oot those that run the tank dry on the way to the trail head and save a few from Darwin.....