Snow Plowing Forum banner
221 - 240 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
49,885 Posts
Think it'll make 30 miles on a charge?
I don't need to haul anything other than my lunch.
If you're taking your lunch...where is your arse going?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Took 3 of my watches to get new batteries put in a couple days ago. The place is about 11 miles away, one way. Dropped them off and went back the next day to pick them up. So 22 miles on both days and the gas engine never turned on. Max speed 67mph(gradually getting to that speed to keep the engine off) and temps outside were 25-28f. So 44 miles cost me $3.00 total. So when I have the heat at 75f + heated seat + heated steering wheel on I’m getting about 23-24 miles per charge of 15kWh. Now if the outside temps fall below 25ish, then the engine will turn on sporadically to help heat the cabin, as the electric heater isn’t enough. Or, obviously, if you drive more aggressively and punch the gas pedal down more often, the engine will turn on more often to give you the power you’re calling for. And you’ll burn battery power faster that way as well.

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
Took 3 of my watches to get new batteries put in a couple days ago.
Too bad the watches don't run on gas. You could have just topped them up and not had to make a special trip.

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
$3 + time + cost of vehicle. To be fair. Same trip in a Camry would be immensely less. But,I understand. Camry owners to not wave to each other.
Ugh, waving at strangers and pretending to be friendly is the worst.

The other day, one of my neighbors flipped me the bird for no apparent reason at all. It was refreshing.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
$3 + time + cost of vehicle. To be fair. Same trip in a Camry would be immensely less. But,I understand. Camry owners to not wave to each other.
True
Ugh, waving at strangers and pretending to be friendly is the worst.

The other day, one of my neighbors flipped me the bird for no apparent reason at all. It was refreshing.
True
I'm sure you deserved it.

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
There's a lot of the slow roll with the one or two finger wave from the steering wheel , but no honking that would just be rude around here. but it's mostly the locals.
I always feel bad if someone waves and I don't see them til they are almost past me. Then they're like… that guy has no Jeep etiquette. But then I forget about it 20 sec later…

·
Registered
49,885 Posts
I always feel bad if someone waves and I don't see them til they are almost past me. Then they're like… that guy has no Jeep etiquette. But then I forget about it 20 sec later…
I find it extremely annoying.

I didn't buy a Jeep to be part of a club or wave at other Jeep owners.

Besides, I'm anti-social.

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
I find it extremely annoying.

I didn't buy a Jeep to be part of a club or wave at other Jeep owners.

Besides, I'm anti-social.
So you didn't appreciate the little rubber ducky on left on your jeep last week?

·
Registered
49,885 Posts
No

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
When the square headlight jeeps (YJ) came out the round (CJ) jeep owners wouldn't wave to them.
Now that the headlights are round again, everybody waves.
It makes me feel good when hotties driving new jeeps wave to me.

221 - 240 of 273 Posts