1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New (improved?) Fisher intensifires - part 38800

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Jun 20, 2017.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Has anyone seen/used these? Looks like they were released at the end of the season based on M. Donovan's post here on 3/15/07:
    https://www.plowsite.com/threads/western-products-unveils-new-defender™-compact-snowplow.170374/

I just happened to see them when i was about to order a new set of the 28800-1 version. Never heard or saw anything on them from Fisher or Western. Was curious if anyone had any "real life" experience with them yet. And would love to hear Jerre put a set up to the tests he has done to the previous version and see if they compare as well as Fisher's pics claim...

Link to Western site is here:
    http://www.westernplows.com/universal-features/nighthawk-halogen-headlamps/

Side benefit is no extension bracket needed for Ford/Dodge trucks with integrated grill on the hood...

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

They were announced back in March, but they were only released with this years preseason plows starting around the end of April, so I don't think there would be anyone that has actually used them outside of the Douglas Dynamics engineers. We've sold a couple of plows with them so far, but no one has actually plowed with them of course.

As you probably already figured out, they are priced the same as the older 28800 lights.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah - I went ahead and ordered the new style, figured I'd give them a whirl and hope for the best since the price was same anyway.

4. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

As with any brand-new item, you should probably cross your fingers as you install them.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I'm waiting for the new LED style to come out

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Admittedly, I was surprised they were not LED. I know Boss has them, seems most folks like them other than price from what I have heard.

My guess is that this is a "stop-gap", and that the plows would always come with these as a "base" and the LED could be an upgrade, maybe in time for '17-'18 season?

7. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

They do not plan on releasing an LED lamp (or so they say.) From their literature:

Why Not LED?
    - With the new Intesifire™ light you get vastly improved
    performance which is comparable to LED. We felt it was
    important to provide an upgraded light with no cost burden to
    you or our customers. Also, we did not want to provide a
    new headlamp that increased the complexity of the Vehicle
    side wiring system.