Snow Plowing Forum banner

New Hiniker 9200 Torsion Trip Thoughts

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LHL Inc. 
#1 ·
Getting back into the plowing scene after a few years out of the business - have a mile long dirt road, two rental properties & a small boatyard lot to keep clear on the Maine coast and it just doesn't make sense anymore to hire this stuff out.

I have a 2012 Ram 3500 dually flatbed I use for my hydraulic boat trailer, but will now no longer get the winters off. Its a 4 door cab and has the 6.7 Cummins so I'm already going to be 'overweight' with whatever I put on it. No need to rehash that topic.

I have Boss and Fisher everywhere, however I have seen a few Hiniker VF plows and they seem to have to distinct advantages. This year they released a new version with a torsion spring trip edge. Neat idea taken from municipal grade plows & supposidely does not need the extra moldboard framework for the conventional trip springs so its even lighter.

I like the poly, no chain lift, trip edge, light(er) v plow idea for this truck since I'm pushing the FAWR anyway. Has anyone purchased one of these new torsion trip 9200s yet? Do you have their conventional VF plow and have any feedback about that?

Thanks - appreciate your time

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have any Hiniker experience but I have trip edge on gravel experience. It didn't work well for me. Early or late year storms when the gravel isn't frozen solid is trouble. When the plow digs in and trips the edge joint packs with gravel and remains tripped. I used an iron bar to knock the stone out but it's a pain.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies - upon further research it looks like the 9200 does not have the pinch free trip edge hinge like the older VF design.

They sure did remove a lot of steel with the 9200 torsion model - seems almost too light now. May just stick with the more proven design

Thanks to anyone who read or replied to this post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.