New Guy

Dmanley

Hello everyone, I'm Drew. I just picked up an older fisher ezv 3 plug plow and will have some questions about it. I'm coming from an old meyers with an e47 plow that I have been using on my 2000 excursion for about 8-10 years. I still have that set up. I am planning on putting the v blade on my 2012 f350. The plow came with all of the wiring and 4 port iso from a 01 f350. I'm hoping I can adapt it to work with my truck. Everything worked good on the previous owners truck. I'm ready to learn!

OP
D

Dmanley

Why will the 4 port not work? Is it because of the headlights? I was thinking the h13 harness would be all I would need, is this incorrect?

OP
D

Dmanley

I believe I can get the 28242 and 28244 harnesses for the 4 port according to my research. I was also thinking of looking into just changing the pigtails from the older style bulbs to h13 ones. I also could buy adapters from 9007-9008 bulbs (hb2-h13) I think. I've done that converting from stock 99-04 headlights to 05-07 on my old f250.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Sent this in response to your private message but figured I'd copy-paste it here for reference:

if you can get the h13 adapters that would fit the 05-07 Fords for the 4 port, it may (or may not) work. Youd need the 26400 white label 4 port at a minimum. I'm not at work to verify the part #s you gave to see if they are right.

Officially you can only use the 3 port. Unofficially, I've heard of some people doing it successfully and I've heard some people with issues due to the 08 and later BCM not liking the 4 port module as the later BCM is more sensitive and temperamental than the 07 and earlier.

OP
D

Dmanley

Thank you for the response. I have done a bunch of research and what you said about 08+ trucks is true. I need a soft start iso module because the 4 port ones turn off the truck headlights to fast which creates issues. I have also found that I can get the 3 port and 28986 wire with the 29047 adapter and I should be good to go. I have a line on a used iso and 28986 harness for a really good deal so I'm going to do that and see what happens. Worst case scenario I just put the plow on my 2000 and resell the wiring if it doesn't work.