Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
13,098 Posts
hi guys whats up i just got my own truck and am looking to get into plowing and doing landscape installs. what should i charge for a contract in liverpool ny?
Welcome to PS, You got to know your bottom line, cost of doing business. If you don't know how to do that you need a accountant or somebody that can show you the numbers.

As far as plowing your 40 miles east of me and probably get 60 more inches of snow fall or better then me per year. I know little to nothing about landscaping. I will tell you this snow and ice is way more expensive than where I am at.

Maybe you can score some lawns and driveways for $35. to $40. and get your feet wet. Good Luck

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im trying to go with contracts cause i have a job during day so id be plowing in early mornin and around lunch and after work. My cost will be down cause all houses would be within a quarter mile of me. So gas would be down. But anymore insight would be great

· Banned
13,098 Posts
Im trying to go with contracts cause i have a job during day so id be plowing in early mornin and around lunch and after work. My cost will be down cause all houses would be within a quarter mile of me. So gas would be down. But anymore insight would be great
You got to have commercial insurance on your truck and at least a GL for 1 mill. I guess you could get away without WC.

· Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
Here's some insight, and take it for what it's worth.
Go subcontract for a company if you're planning on keeping your day job and then after your retire or quit do the snow on your own or still subcontract.

Snow is a full time gig not a before I got to work and around lunch time gig.

· Banned
13,098 Posts
Here's some insight, and take it for what it's worth.
Go subcontract for a company if you're planning on keeping your day job and then after your retire or quit do the snow on your own or still subcontract.

Snow is a full time gig not a before I got to work and around lunch time gig.
I agree with you 100%. I have no idea how they do it. I would imagine flexible work hours. Firemen and cops around here have decent size landscaping business and still working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.