New guy questions

SeansLawnCareCT

Hello,
I started my own lawn care company this year in new england and will be getting into snow removal this winter. I am drawing up my contracts now and was wondering what are some essential things to have in it that typically might get left off? Also, when having a trigger point lets say at 2", does that mean you come and plow every 2"? Some customers just want it plowed at the end of the storm and for them, i have pricing almost set I think. Some customers need there driveway to be cleared before their morning commute, so I would have to go out and plow around 5am, then go back again at the end of the storm. So that is 2 pushes, so charged twice. I dont see many residential customers wanting there driveway cleaned every 2", so I am going to assume this is more for commercial application?

P.S. I will be running a 2011 tundra crewmax with a SnowDogg MD75

Hello,
I started my own lawn care company this year in new england and will be getting into snow removal this winter. I am drawing up my contracts now and was wondering what are some essential things to have in it that typically might get left off? Also, when having a trigger point lets say at 2", does that mean you come and plow every 2"? Some customers just want it plowed at the end of the storm and for them, i have pricing almost set I think. Some customers need there driveway to be cleared before their morning commute, so I would have to go out and plow around 5am, then go back again at the end of the storm. So that is 2 pushes, so charged twice. I dont see many residential customers wanting there driveway cleaned every 2", so I am going to assume this is more for commercial application?

P.S. I will be running a 2011 tundra crewmax with a SnowDogg MD75
Did your attorney take a look at your Contract? Are you meaning Resi or commercial contract? Per trip or seasonal?

Pretty sure you can do a search and see if you left something out by the contracts that are posted.

OP
S

SeansLawnCareCT

Did your attorney take a look at your Contract? Are you meaning Resi or commercial contract? Per trip or seasonal?

Pretty sure you can do a search and see if you left something out by the contracts that are posted.
Ive tried searching for contracts on here, but no prevail. I will be doing mostly residential. I do not have a lawyer, didn't think that would be necessary if my contract is right.

fireside

PlowSite.com Addict
Just a couple of things. Trigger point 2” means that’s when you will service not under. Most driveways are per push . If your doing residential only, owner must place markers along driveway, they must notify you in writing of hazards septic tanks,propane tanks, unground propane tanks and so in located with in 25’ of driveway. They must mark them according too. If it gravel you will not rake it off the lawn at the end of season but give them
A price. If your not shoveling or providing ice control make sure it says it great place for them to sign too!

Jacobmb

round these parts a 2" trigger means anytime there is over 2" accummulated (measured by the contractor) we are obligated to remove it. We guarantee two services per 24hr period.

HTH

JMHConstruction

PlowSite Fanatic
I do not have a lawyer, didn't think that would be necessary if my contract is right.
You're in business, correct? Get a lawyer!

We don't mean someone who is on the books, that you keep on retainer. Just someone you pay hourly. Someone who can get your business set up correctly, discuss legal action with, look over contracts, etc. Contracts are worth about as much as the paper their written on. It's who's standing behind it that matters.

Good luck with the new company!

Top Forums