Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All.
New guy here, From beautiful Belleville Ontario. I'm starting up a business and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the Snow Plowing business. I've been plowing snow with a 4 wheeler for 4 years and last year I got a 3/4ton with a 860 Speedwing and did the same customers. I've just been doing it all under the table no insurance for friends and family. About 10-15 residential driveways, not really making any money but covering all the costs.

This year I'm planning to start growing, I bought a new 1 ton and I'm working on swapping my plow over. Having started up a business I'm going to get insurance and want to start doing some larger lots, commercial lots. No Walmart or anything but smaller businesses. I haven't got a sander and feel that that will probably lose me quite a bit of business. I've been reading around in the bidding jobs section trying to learn as much as I can. I'm sure I'll be posting more on the forums soon trying to get some of my questions answered.

Wheel Vehicle Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Snow

· Registered
14,949 Posts
New truck? Like 2019?

· Administrator
4,720 Posts

· Registered
6,633 Posts
Hey All.
New guy here, From beautiful Belleville Ontario. I'm starting up a business and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the Snow Plowing business. I've been plowing snow with a 4 wheeler for 4 years and last year I got a 3/4ton with a 860 Speedwing and did the same customers. I've just been doing it all under the table no insurance for friends and family. About 10-15 residential driveways, not really making any money but covering all the costs.

This year I'm planning to start growing, I bought a new 1 ton and I'm working on swapping my plow over. Having started up a business I'm going to get insurance and want to start doing some larger lots, commercial lots. No Walmart or anything but smaller businesses. I haven't got a sander and feel that that will probably lose me quite a bit of business. I've been reading around in the bidding jobs section trying to learn as much as I can. I'm sure I'll be posting more on the forums soon trying to get some of my questions answered.

View attachment 195187

View attachment 195188
Give me an email
[email protected]

· Registered
5,633 Posts

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Sorry I suppose that's what people think when they hear new truck. I mean New truck like 2001 7.3L SRW Ford 1 ton. I working on getting my plow and harness moved over then I'll put up some pictures of it.
Ok copy. Look around parts are still available for the ph1 blizzard's.

Reactions: Randall Ave

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a picture of the new truck, It's all wired up and the harness is on it. When I dragged the plow out of the yard it blew a hydraulic line so no pictures of it on the truck yet. Need to get new lights for the plow as well, chasing rust and ground issues in the light buckets. Do you guys recommend Blizzard lights or is there a good aftermarket/standard option for good bright lights?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Well you have quite a few options for lights.
Factory, different brand "factory".

Then you can do factory housings with LED bulbs/light assms. Factory lights with different bulbs
All up to you and your pocket book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.