New Ford

bam

Pelican,

I like the trailer tow mirrors on our new trucks (99+) and my own truck. our older 450's have a west coast style, and its $80 to replace the glass when you rip them off the truck, plus most of the time we end up denting the door trying to replace the mirror. I'm sure your more careful with your trucks, but we run a large fleet, and i've replaced several mirrors over the past few years, because drivers got to close to another truck in our own yard and ripped them off. You don't have enough surface area with the trailer tow mirrors? or do your trucks only have those small mirrors? well just my thoughts.

Pelican

2000 Club Member
I'm a former trailer driver, I guess I got used to using them and miss them. The tiny spots in the Ford mirrors just don't show enough picture for me, plus I want to add heated mirrors.

jakegypsum

The new Ford F-650's are very nice. We just received delivery of one last month. Same thing pretty much except NOT the low pro style. The cab is the same basic thing as the F-250 and up and they handle just as easy. Also, the turning radius is fantastic. Jake.

jakegypsum

Not sure. I didn't see anything over an F-750 when I was shopping trucks back in the spring. I was at nine different Ford dealerships back then. Not all were heavy Ford truck dealers but the the one's that were carried a lot of trucks on their lots. Anything heavier were Sterlings or other heavy brands. Jake.

jakegypsum

Woa! Ford building big trucks again! I have heard many different stories about Ford and heavies recently, (Louisville/Sterling back from Freightliner and the International Blue diamond project). Is this true? Would be nice :). Jake.

Pelican

2000 Club Member
I've driven quite a number of trucks, and the Louisville was always my favorite. Interior room, visibility and driver layout were hard to beat. I was disappointed to see that line go. I'll be interested to see what they come up with.

jakegypsum

Pelican, I agree. The Louisvilles were always a truck that I felt were comfortable to operate as well as to ride in. I was very upset, (for many reasons), when Ford sold to Freightliner back in 97'. It was three weeks after we purchased our newest Louisville. Jake.

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Trucking

I used to drive for Grand Union out of Mt Kisco Ny, for 20 years. Company trucks were Fords and Whites, but during Thankgiving and Christmas, they rented trucks and trailers to keep up with the extra shipping. We saw anything and everything during that time, I still like the Louisville, even over KW and Pete, those cabs are too small and the gauges are everywhere.

I hauled in and out of Carlstadt, NJ to our other warehouse and made a lot of backhauls throughout Northern Jersey. Where are you?

Steve

Top Forums